Lambos on the market

That's probably the non-writeoff one I saw listed for a few days at the same time as the white one.

Can't afford to be too choosey if you're after one given how few entered the country. Supposedly only 3 x MY12 manuals too.

9 hours ago, Coastr said:

Thanks - it’s not me buying but a friend.  He found one that is more of a barn state (needs lots and not driven in years) but no luck on price. I’ve been trying to figure out alternatives.

I may have looked at that one. Happy to chat to your friend as I did a bunch of research before pulling the trigger. 

Pricing is difficult due to low number of transactions, most being confidential. 

As an aside, I got an offer on mine 12 hours after I bought it. I hadn’t even picked it up!

10 hours ago, sleazius said:

That's probably the non-writeoff one I saw listed for a few days at the same time as the white one.

Can't afford to be too choosey if you're after one given how few entered the country. Supposedly only 3 x MY12 manuals too.

Do you recall how much asking was back then? I know of a black one and the owner was about 16 months into his pursuit and landed one for  about 1/2 way between the WOVR asking and the current asking of 193k on that grey one.  Owner of the black one  got to know the car pretty well within the first week.  Racked up circa 5000km.    Got to be close to a local  record in one of them I reckon.

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Do you recall how much asking was back then? I know of a black one and the owner was about 16 months into his pursuit and landed one for  about 1/2 way between the WOVR asking and the current asking of 193k on that grey one.  Owner of the black one  got to know the car pretty well within the first week.  Racked up circa 5000km.    Got to be close to a local  record in one of them I reckon.

That's what makes me think it is the same one, it was also a MY12 and from memory $189k. kms seem about the same too.

It wasn't online for more than a couple of days. I assume he noticed the white one was listed and pulled it. Especially given the price differential between them.

Cleaning out the study (as you do in lockdown), but got sidetracked reading all my old car mags ..... came across this one ..... May 1990  ...... what a nice problem to have....one too many Lambos!!BE3F1312-55B1-4A44-B159-A90D128601B3.thumb.jpeg.aeb87c8ff40711c99f2926f7fe62e1f5.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Cleaning out the study (as you do in lockdown), but got sidetracked reading all my old car mags ..... came across this one ..... May 1990  ...... what a nice problem to have....one too many Lambos!!BE3F1312-55B1-4A44-B159-A90D128601B3.thumb.jpeg.aeb87c8ff40711c99f2926f7fe62e1f5.jpeg

$339,000 in 1990 in Adelaide would have bought a really nice house in a really nice suburb 

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

$339,000 in 1990 in Adelaide would have bought a really nice house in a really nice suburb 

You’re right Paul, ....... so can I tempt you with a much more reasonably priced Espada (June 2005)??   
I’ve got to stop looking at these mags..... the prices are doing my head in (check out the prices of some of the Porsches!). 😁

B57C1C18-BD5C-4A24-9DA9-6795D1D19D71.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Rick V said:

You’re right Paul, ....... so can I tempt you with a much more reasonably priced Espada (June 2005)??   
I’ve got to stop looking at these mags..... the prices are doing my head in (check out the prices of some of the Porsches!). 😁

B57C1C18-BD5C-4A24-9DA9-6795D1D19D71.jpeg

Love the 2002 996 Cab Tip for $159,900 . Maybe not a great buy that one 

I use to go to all the bonhams / goodmans (before they merged) car auctions in the late 90s, early naughties. I had no money as I was a broke ass uni student when I first started going, but some of the cars I could have bought, it makes me sick to think about it now. Most of that 70s metal use to trade between $30-100k including all the extremely exy ($1M+) stuff now.

Memories :rolleyes:

I noticed this one last night had dipped again - is it the right time to say I hate the feel of alcantara?

3ad.jpg.8c0da1efc1c8d0250af153c7885e5155.jpg

I reckon it is just about the right level of ostentatious to get yourself lynched when the masses get sick of social distancing and forced isolation. That said that thing is so far up my alley it is ridiculous.

23 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Love the 2002 996 Cab Tip for $159,900 . Maybe not a great buy that one 

At least price reflected the better drivers car back then  eg 996 turbo is x 2.1 better than  a 964 and x 1.8 better than  a 993 turbo. 😉   We all can cherry pick outliers to support your theories if your into coupes.

1 hour ago, smit2100 said:

At least price reflected the better drivers car back then  eg 996 turbo is x 2.1 better than  a 964 and x 1.8 better than  a 993 turbo. 😉   We all can cherry pick outliers to support your theories if your into coupes.

Is anyone into cabs ? Wish I was they are almost free .

21 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Well there  half the price in that ad.  

24 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Not quite zero, but someone back then only valued them just above 55% of a coupe in terms of asking ( leave the k's travelled delta to one side)