PCM 2.1 Australian Maps (Latest)

porka987s

I inquired about an update a few years back. Porsche quoted me $600 just for an updated disc!!!!!  Remember the images and map look will remain the exact same apart from you recieving some additional lines and street names... to me, I couldn't justify it.

Phone and $10 phone cradle in the vent for me 👍

1 hour ago, 911 Snake said:

I inquired about an update a few years back. Porsche quoted me $600 just for an updated disc!!!!!  Remember the images and map look will remain the exact same apart from you recieving some additional lines and street names... to me, I couldn't justify it.

Phone and $10 phone cradle in the vent for me 👍

Yikes!, what a joke!

Yeah, I am using my smartphone and magnetic holder right now, given the PCM 2.1 is historic. Will still continue to use, but just thought it would be nice to have Australian maps on the PCM 2.1 should I wish to sell or what not.

1 hour ago, RedMan said:

I have one, PCM 2.1, Part No. 997 044 902 52.

Message me for more details. Cheers Garry

Cheers, will shoot you a PM.

Yes I agree these updates are a joke.  It should be part of the standard service if you have your car serviced by Porsche.  To quote Neil Armstrong, "One small step for the dealer but one giant leap for customer service".

I enquired about having this done on my Mercedes a year ago as one day near Torquay the sat nav had me driving through a paddock.  Mercedes Benz quoted a similar figure to have the upgraded maps installed, although they did say it was free if the car was under warranty.  I mentioned that I had purchased an extended 3 year warranty but because the warranty was an insurance cover provided by a third party the extended warranty did not cover the map update.  

Maybe Porsche provide an upgrade on warranty if you have extended warranty with them as their warranty is a Porsche product.  Has anyone asked the question of Porsche?  Mine is on extended warranty so I might ask the question if nobody on PFA has done so.

I have PCM 2.0 and purchased map upgrade from Euro Upgrades - Sunshine Coast. Looks like genuine Porsche on disc. This is the latest for PCM 2.0.

This is link to PCM 2.1

https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/2015-porsche-pcm-2-1-map-update-boxster-cayman-911-carrera-targa-4-turbo-gt2-gt3-cayenne-australia-maps-2005-2008.html

4 hours ago, Allan C said:

I have PCM 2.0 and purchased map upgrade from Euro Upgrades - Sunshine Coast. Looks like genuine Porsche on disc. This is the latest for PCM 2.0.

This is link to PCM 2.1

https://eurocarupgrades.com.au/2015-porsche-pcm-2-1-map-update-boxster-cayman-911-carrera-targa-4-turbo-gt2-gt3-cayenne-australia-maps-2005-2008.html

Thank you, I did see this.

Just wondering if anyone has any other alternatives? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!  Does anyone know where I could pick up a copy of the Navigation DVD to suit PCM 3.0 for Australian maps?  I have a 2002 911/996 C4S and it has a PCM 3.0 stereo in it.  When I press the maps button it says "insert DVD"...  I cant find anywhere to purchase one in Melbourne.  Went to Porsche dealership and they said its too old to supply.

Same issue with Audi. Like Allan, I sourced an update DVD from Euro Car Upgrades for $150, but I got so sick of the crappy Bose head unit that I turfed it and put in an Android HU. Then - Welcome to 21st century!

• 9 months later...

Not wanting to hijack a thread but here I am doing it.

Recently my PCM2.1 Navigation is "off". The location point and roads it shows I am supposed to be on are incorrect. I've ejected the dvd and reinserted it but no change. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Dave997S said:

Not wanting to hijack a thread but here I am doing it.

Recently my PCM2.1 Navigation is "off". The location point and roads it shows I am supposed to be on are incorrect. I've ejected the dvd and reinserted it but no change. Any thoughts?

Is your map stuck to one (incorrect) location? I had that issue before where I accidentally fixed the map to a particular location. If so, refer to the below thread to see if it helps

https://www.renntech.org/topic/20467-pcm-gps-map-stuck-any-tips/

On 09/03/2021 at 17:05, ET997 said:

Is your map stuck to one (incorrect) location? I had that issue before where I accidentally fixed the map to a particular location. If so, refer to the below thread to see if it helps

https://www.renntech.org/topic/20467-pcm-gps-map-stuck-any-tips/

Thanks mate. I've done these and seems to be all good