GT4 Market watch!

I collected my 981 from Porsche Parramatta a couple of weekends ago. I had purchased it 6 weeks previously which was torture! But due to my work schedule/travel and then the family getting covid it took a while.

When I collected the car the Sales Manager said he didn't know what had happened in the last few weeks since my purchase but they have someone in or calling several times a week trying to buy a 981 GT4 and he could've easily sold my car 10 times over. Hey look he's a car salesman but I had already bought the car so what's the point in lying! Read in to it as you wish.

With regards values... as soon as you strap in and drive off you won't give 2 shits. Stop worrying people. Live for today :)

Chop

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I'm a Newbie to the form with a couple quick questions as follow.

Has anyone on this site recently taken delivery of a 982 GT4 from the Adelaide Porsche Centre? and if so how long did it take to get an allocation and delivery? (happy to hear from interstate GT4 buyers as well)

I am essentially after a new GT4 for my 50th birthday which isn't till 2026. I have red on this thread that Porsche has announced the 718 models will no longer have petrol engines after 2025 which my local Porsche dealership believes to be the case, They have told me to pay a deposit and wait for an allocation. The sales guy believed the total build time after that could be a year and that I was looking at 2 years before the car would be delivered. Does this seem the norm for this particular car? Thanks.

Cheers.

Yeah it does at present, lots of manufacturing delays and there was talk that Porsche paused production on the 4.0 Cayman/Boxster this year - or at least there wouldn't be deliveries to Aust, but plenty of people in the US/Europe are still getting them so not sure on how accurate that is or isn't.  

I think it'd be realistic to expect ~ 18 months.

Sounds about right …. A mate just put a deposit at Porsche Adelaide on a new 4.0 GTS last week and was told to expect to be contacted by them around Feb 23 to firm-up options & sign-off order, with delivery expected around Sep/Oct 23.  
He got the same story about a move away from ICE’s in 2025. 

On 13/06/2022 at 19:15, Rick V said:

Sounds about right …. A mate just put a deposit at Porsche Adelaide on a new 4.0 GTS last week and was told to expect to be contacted by them around Feb 23 to firm-up options & sign-off order, with delivery expected around Sep/Oct 23.  
He got the same story about a move away from ICE’s in 2025. 

On 13/06/2022 at 16:16, 1q2w3e4r said:

Yeah it does at present, lots of manufacturing delays and there was talk that Porsche paused production on the 4.0 Cayman/Boxster this year - or at least there wouldn't be deliveries to Aust, but plenty of people in the US/Europe are still getting them so not sure on how accurate that is or isn't.  

I think it'd be realistic to expect ~ 18 months.

Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great thread for a prospective buyer.   looking to get a 982 GT4 - i have a deposit in for a GT4RS which i got in very early but no guarantees obviously. Im forgetting about that as it may or may not happen, and will still press on with trying to get a GT4 either new (unlikely now) or 2nd hand. if anyone is selling please let me know.

Cheers

• 6 months later...
58 minutes ago, edgy said:

Not sure why they just wouldn’t list it, unless of course they feel the auction might bag an overseas buyer at a premium.

Maybe the phone has stopped ringing.

I know in my business we're going through a noticeable downturn and we're health care, supposedly recession proof. Not sure how a discretionary business trying to sell a race car are faring, but my guess is not as well as 12 months ago, and probably relying on filling their backlog of orders rather than building an order book.

Definitely a two speed economy though, Boomers are yet to (and probably won't) feel the pinch, while most under 40 have started tightening their belts.

17 hours ago, sleazius said:

Maybe the phone has stopped ringing.

I know in my business we're going through a noticeable downturn and we're health care, supposedly recession proof. Not sure how a discretionary business trying to sell a race car are faring, but my guess is not as well as 12 months ago, and probably relying on filling their backlog of orders rather than building an order book.

Definitely a two speed economy though, Boomers are yet to (and probably won't) feel the pinch, while most under 40 have started tightening their belts.

Interesting. I am in luxury goods we noticed a slow start to the year but busy as ever in the last two months mostly under 40s 

16 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Interesting. I am in luxury goods we noticed a slow start to the year but busy as ever in the last two months mostly under 40s 

Cos they haven't seen these conditions or been in this position before. We're on the verge of financial hell in Australia with many already there across the globe.

If Sleazius in healthcare is seeing things go south then that's a strong flag there.

The higher end retail areas are still performing but I'm sure that prices are under pressure. While the wealthy can always afford stuff, they're not stupid and will spend when required and so that slows as well.

I'm in high volume, small purchase value food (donuts, shakes and coffee) and we are typically resistant to financial pain given you buy to have fun either cos you're feeling down and need a pick me up, or wanting to celebrate (good day at school, cleaned your room etc etc).   We're well off the typical volume cos people are starting to really avoid shopping centres to delay/avoid the larger impulse purchase of the clothing and department stores.

I'm in a sub regional area of North West Sydney but even those centres close to me in suburbia are well down as well.

Belts are tightening quickly in the mortgage areas of Sydney.

33 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Cos they haven't seen these conditions or been in this position before. We're on the verge of financial hell in Australia with many already there across the globe.

If Sleazius in healthcare is seeing things go south then that's a strong flag there.

The higher end retail areas are still performing but I'm sure that prices are under pressure. While the wealthy can always afford stuff, they're not stupid and will spend when required and so that slows as well.

I'm in high volume, small purchase value food (donuts, shakes and coffee) and we are typically resistant to financial pain given you buy to have fun either cos you're feeling down and need a pick me up, or wanting to celebrate (good day at school, cleaned your room etc etc).   We're well off the typical volume cos people are starting to really avoid shopping centres to delay/avoid the larger impulse purchase of the clothing and department stores.

I'm in a sub regional area of North West Sydney but even those centres close to me in suburbia are well down as well.

Belts are tightening quickly in the mortgage areas of Sydney.

Financial hell . Sounds frightening. I heard we will be at war with China within three years as well . 
might makes the most of the weekend while I can . 

52 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Financial hell . Sounds frightening. I heard we will be at war with China within three years as well . 
might makes the most of the weekend while I can . 

You're an hour and a half behind me, so you've got more time than me till hell is here 🤣

There are hundreds of thousands of mortgages that are yet to get beyond 3% where the market rate is 6%. Most people can't ramp up their income by 2-3k a month almost overnight just to cover the increase in repayment for home loan, rent, car loan, cost of living etc

And we are at war with China, you just don't realise it yet.  The whole world has been relying on China and it's billion person economy for years. They've stopped their crazy consuming and productivity so the world is now getting it up the bum.

Our federal government and others like it will never run out of money (keep printing it and a quick update of the spreadsheet on how much is in circulation) but they can reduce their liberal spending which is what they are doing.

They can increase or maintain taxes to reduce available money which is what they're doing.

They can reduce our discretionary spend by absorbing the savings which is what they're doing.

They can increase the fear of the future outlook to further reduce discretionary spending which is what they're doing.

Inflation at the highish level and sustained will cause increases of cost of living, leading to reduced ability to feed and accommodate us with the same income so there's pressure on wages. The biggest employer, small businesses, typically use Awards and these will have a 5-7+% increase later this year which can't be absorbed by the ever diminishing business bank account so either prices go up (increasing cost of living) and/or reduced headcount (more unemployment or even less in our personal bank account), both of which means less spending. So business suffers further.

What will reduce the depth of hell is our resetting of what we need and spend our hard earned on. But we've had unrestrained spending for 10-12 years so the habit is hard to break.

Did I say hell? I meant purgatory which is even worse cos we won't know which way is up ☺️

Got cash and want a new Porsche... wait, it'll be cheaper soon!

7 minutes ago, jakroo said:

You're an hour and a half behind me, so you've got more time than me till hell is here 🤣

There are hundreds of thousands of mortgages that are yet to get beyond 3% where the market rate is 6%. Most people can't ramp up their income by 2-3k a month almost overnight just to cover the increase in repayment for home loan, rent, car loan, cost of living etc

And we are at war with China, you just don't realise it yet.  The whole world has been relying on China and it's billion person economy for years. They've stopped their crazy consuming and productivity so the world is now getting it up the bum.

Our federal government and others like it will never run out of money (keep printing it and a quick update of the spreadsheet on how much is in circulation) but they can reduce their liberal spending which is what they are doing.

They can increase or maintain taxes to reduce available money which is what they're doing.

They can reduce our discretionary spend by absorbing the savings which is what they're doing.

They can increase the fear of the future outlook to further reduce discretionary spending which is what they're doing.

Inflation at the highish level and sustained will cause increases of cost of living, leading to reduced ability to feed and accommodate us with the same income so there's pressure on wages. The biggest employer, small businesses, typically use Awards and these will have a 5-7+% increase later this year which can't be absorbed by the ever diminishing business bank account so either prices go up (increasing cost of living) and/or reduced headcount (more unemployment or even less in our personal bank account), both of which means less spending. So business suffers further.

What will reduce the depth of hell is our resetting of what we need and spend our hard earned on. But we've had unrestrained spending for 10-12 years so the habit is hard to break.

Did I say hell? I meant purgatory which is even worse cos we won't know which way is up ☺️

To be honest if I listened to all the doomsday predictions over the years on this forum I would never have bought anything just started prepping . 
Good luck to us all 

3 hours ago, jakroo said:

You’ve summed it up perfectly 

An 'extra' $2-3k extra per month? Jeebus, what sorta mortgage would need that? 😳

Oh well, people were warned about the rate rises and the honeymoon is over baby. If people live beyond their means by having big mortgages and everything on credit, then who is at fault there? 🤔

Yeah everything has gone up, but what can we do about it? Fack all, so you pull your heads in and buy what you can afford or go without. Pretty simple really