Wheel Suggestion

White_996

I'd reverse your thinking.  Drive it and enjoy it for a while, then think about changing things.  

IMHO I'd leave the gold, or take them back to silver.  I have a thing about black wheels, but then again, it's all personal choice 🙂 

Congratulations by the way, the start of a slippery slope.....

Also congrats on the purchase - must be feeling like a kid in a sweet shop.

As has been mentioned I'd drive it a bit - see what it looks like in reflections and get a feel of how it presents before you change anything.

Personally not a fan of Gold but on your car it look good as the wheels tie in with the script and the amber lenses.

I wouldn't go black as you lose the definition of the wheel - but that's a personal opinion.

I think body colour wheel would work if you want something different - excuse my crap 10 second paint job!

image.png.4334d4dbc19e47186c3f0ff1985667a0.png

1 hour ago, Jim45 said:

Also congrats on the purchase - must be feeling like a kid in a sweet shop.

As has been mentioned I'd drive it a bit - see what it looks like in reflections and get a feel of how it presents before you change anything.

Personally not a fan of Gold but on your car it look good as the wheels tie in with the script and the amber lenses.

I wouldn't go black as you lose the definition of the wheel - but that's a personal opinion.

I think body colour wheel would work if you want something different - excuse my crap 10 second paint job!

image.png.4334d4dbc19e47186c3f0ff1985667a0.png

Thanks Jim

Appreciate the effort

You can see what a difference it makes just not having gold rims.

4 hours ago, rhinosm said:

So I bought my first Pcar.

I need to replace wheels ASAP.

I'm thinking something in matt black.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

6994695_ScreenShot2020-04-09at11_03_06am.png.e312b72fcceffb371b366bb868a8134d.png

My old car prior to the guy you got it from, congrats.. its a drivers car with the factory sports suspension, sport seats, LSD etc..

Here's what it looked like when i had it

996-9715.jpg

37 minutes ago, James P said:

My old car prior to the guy you got it from, congrats.. its a drivers car with the factory sports suspension, sport seats, LSD etc..

Here's what it looked like when i had it

996-9715.jpg

Thanks James. Great Photo.Nice to know some heritage.

How long did you own it?

Now I'm leaning to painting wheels silver again.

Does anyone know where I would find paint code for silver on wheels?

• 2 weeks later...

So I went with @Steve996 suggestion of wheels on gumtree, and painted them matt black

Original wheels are in great nick, so I will paint silver and keep.They are 18" turbo wheels.

Rear bumper and engine lid require respray. Maybe change decal on side to matt black.

Otherwise, just drive. sorry @LeeM, no wing.

IMG_3108D.jpg

5 minutes ago, rhinosm said:

So I went with @Steve996 suggestion of wheels on gumtree, and painted them matt black

Original wheels are in great nick, so I will paint silver and keep.They are 18" turbo wheels.

Rear bumper and engine lid require respray. Maybe change decal on side to matt black.

IMG_3108D.jpg

Sorry mate, the black doesn't do it for me, but you're the one who has to be happy 🙂  On the plus side, these BBS 5 spokers are really easy to clean and to be able to get through to the inside to keep clean 🙂 

31 minutes ago, rhinosm said:

IMG_3108D.jpg

I thought the gold look was ok myself, I had a thought of painting my BBS wheels black but after seeing these i don't think i will, it's not for me, car looks good though.

You know some gold trim on those wheels would ok i reckon, personally i would keep the gold script, i like it against the black wheels.