Jump to content
jameshaydn

Car Covers

Recommended Posts

Gday, New to the forum. Hope you're all well.

I'm sure this will have been covered here before but i'll short cut it by asking here if someone can send me the link or just give some advice on where and what.

So, and indoor cover for my 997 is what i'm after.

Cheers

Haydn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi James, welcome to the forum.

COVERCRAFT INDUSTRIES PACIFIC

Unit 69 Powers Business Park.

45 Powers Road, Seven Hills N.S.W.

Ph:  02 9620 4000

WWW.COVERCRAFT.COM

I got a custom cover for my Cayman from them, for inside use back in 2015.  It was $318.00 back then which included freight.

Great cover and great service.   Plus they are an Australian company.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some genuine Porsche indoor covers for sale. Great fit and quality. Google Porsche Tequipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, icu_jimmy said:

Fit for what models Rod?

Will check but Im sure I have a 997 ,996 plus 991 and a Boxster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rod C said:

Will check but Im sure I have a 997, 996 plus 991 and a Boxster.

I might be interested in the 996 cover, if it’s for a C2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen Tinker said:

We need details, availability and costs Rod....

991  Near new $375

996/997   $375

996 Aero/GT3  $375

2 x Boxster 981  $350 each

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi cjm968cs, I have a 981 Cayman cover for sale. Part No. 981.044.000.04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 06:56, cjm968cs said:

Hi Rod,

I am have a Cayman 981, do you think the Boxster cover will fit?

 

Not sure on that sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RedMan said:

Hi nytelfer, $300. It’s genuine Porsche Tequipment with storage bag.

 

On 12/04/2020 at 20:25, Rod C said:

991  Near new $375

996/997   $375

996 Aero/GT3  $375

2 x Boxster 981  $350 each

Just curious, anyone aware of how much these covers are Retail from Porsche?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping an old topic to see what the best current options are.

I've updated my storage space and would like to treat my cars to new covers. The covers don't need to be waterproof now as all my current cars will fit under the roofline, but as the space is not fully enclosed the covers need to offer good dust protection.

Now I've been very happy with My Covercraft NOAH cover I bought in 2017 for the 911. But the current cover has seen better days with the mirror pockets separating and looking well used in general. As a previously satisfied customer it was the first option I looked at, unfortunately they are not making them under licence in Australia anymore. This has seen a doubling in price and now in the ordering options there are no RHD options mentioned. 

I'd prefer Australian made covers if such things still exist? Bonus points if they make SW20 MR2 Turbo covers... Doubt anyone would be able to make a cover for my historic formula 2 car, so I might just have to continue with a non fitted basic indoor cover drapped over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of these that I’m currently using to cover my GT3. It’s an indoor cover and fits perfectly. The fabric is stretchy which makes it ‘fitted’ without having to be custom made. I also like that it’s black and doesn’t show every little mark. I also have a new Porsche indoor cover in the bag but I’m too scared to use it because of kids with grubby hands and my dog who loves to come into the garage when we do.

To give you an idea of size, I have a medium which was originally purchased to cover a Evo 6 TME (now sold) - a car that is completely different in shape to the 996, yet the cover fit both cars really well!

https://autoattention.com.au/product-tag/car-cover/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following this for my 996tt which also needs an dustcover for an undercover area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dalai said:

Bumping an old topic to see what the best current options are.

I've updated my storage space and would like to treat my cars to new covers. The covers don't need to be waterproof now as all my current cars will fit under the roofline, but as the space is not fully enclosed the covers need to offer good dust protection.

Now I've been very happy with My Covercraft NOAH cover I bought in 2017 for the 911. But the current cover has seen better days with the mirror pockets separating and looking well used in general. As a previously satisfied customer it was the first option I looked at, unfortunately they are not making them under licence in Australia anymore. This has seen a doubling in price and now in the ordering options there are no RHD options mentioned. 

I'd prefer Australian made covers if such things still exist? Bonus points if they make SW20 MR2 Turbo covers... Doubt anyone would be able to make a cover for my historic formula 2 car, so I might just have to continue with a non fitted basic indoor cover drapped over it.

The Covercraft covers are available from Car Accessory World ( same guy who made them under license). when you order he will confirm if you require RHD or LHD before the order is forwarded to the US. I ordered one a couple of months ago for my 993 and it arrived in 3 weeks direct from the factory, the price is comparable to the one I purchased for the 997 3 yrs ago. I found that it is easier to talk to him directly and discuss what you require. I would speak to him regarding the MR2 & Formula 2 as he once told me they have thousands CAD patterns for covers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @WB997.2GTS for the details about the RHD prior to shipping off the order. That is who I was looking at for the Covercraft covers and they definitely have the MR2 in the range.

Not sure which material in their current line up is similar to the discontinued Noah fabric, but looking at the current range the covers look to be double the $311 I paid Feb 2017. 

Not being made in Australia anymore is also disappointing. @Sorude today sent me a link to a video he posted recently for a local guy who's site is meant to be going live soon - www.coveredcarcovers.com so will check them when they are open for business as would love to support local if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2021 at 10:46, Dalai said:
16 hours ago, Dalai said:

Thanks @WB997.2GTS for the details about the RHD prior to shipping off the order. That is who I was looking at for the Covercraft covers and they definitely have the MR2 in the range.

Not sure which material in their current line up is similar to the discontinued Noah fabric, but looking at the current range the covers look to be double the $311 I paid Feb 2017. 

Not being made in Australia anymore is also disappointing. @Sorude today sent me a link to a video he posted recently for a local guy who's site is meant to be going live soon - www.coveredcarcovers.com so will check them when they are open for business as would love to support local if possible.

 

The covers two that  I have are the stretch body fit, fleece lined fabric and comparing the Aussie to US made cover they are identical. The price comparison is probably double to that I paid 4yrs ago, but everything has increased in cost including freight. But hey its a Porsche so nothing is too expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this won't be a popular contribution 🤭, but I ended up going with a  ~$70 indoor 'showcar' cover from Supercheap Auto 😂

Surprisingly it fits relatively well, and seems to do the job of protecting the car from settling-dust & garage-contaminants - I'm not sure that a $300 cover would do any better, apart from in the looks category.  I am quite meticulous about how I put it on, and take it off, etc.

Full disclosure, this was my first ever car cover purchase, and my thinking was that if it was crap, I'd just throw it out.  Knowing now that I use it, and it is in my car-care routine, when I next buy a cover I would consider the Porsche OEM one, or a custom fit one... but purely for looks over protection.

 

IMG_1793.thumb.jpg.aba3877a2f6705b84ab3ac4fda0d22dd.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...