Car Covers

jameshaydn

I’m like @Beau. I purchased good quality, reasonably priced covers, and reasoned that if they were rubbish, I’d throw them away and start again

I have 2 fleece lined Monza covers, purchased online. They were around $120 plus postage.

It was an ideal size for my Swb 911.

A little small for my current g series Carrera 3.0, particularly since I have the whale tail engine lid installed.

They’ve been very good, although I think I’ll get another a one size up

15 minutes ago, reedminor said:

A little small for my current g series Carrera 3.0, particularly since I have the whale tail engine lid installed.

They’ve been very good, although I think I’ll get another a one size up

Mine is an 84 Carrera with whale tail, so would be great to know what size you would recommend.

On 14/09/2021 at 20:07, Dalai said:

Mine is an 84 Carrera with whale tail, so would be great to know what size you would recommend.

My cover is a size small but they seem to have changed brands (or at least branding) since I got mine at SCA.  I'd say measure the length of the car and choose the closest - even with the whale tail I think you'll find that the cover will stretch over.

21 hours ago, Dalai said:

I have the same SCA show cover on my 85 3.2 with tea tray tail. I just went and checked the label and it says S/M, I’m pretty sure I purchased the smallest size they stocked.

There is no problem covering end to end with the tail, if you place it evenly it hangs around 80mm from the floor each side, a bit bigger than perfect for a G but still ok.

I have the same cover on a 944S2 which it fits a bit better, been happy with both covers for some time.

As suggested, work your process out for on/off, I lift the edges up and then fold it in sections towards the back (tea tray comes in handy) until you can man handle it, never drag it across the paint.

The colour of the cover complements club plates really well 🤣

I’ve got 2 from Classic Additions in the UK, indoor stretchy covers. Bought the first one on a whim a few years ago at Goodwood Revival for my wife’s Spitfire, they were a good bunch to chat to and kept the cover for us all day so we didn’t have to cart it around Goodwood! Family business, run from a rural farm on the English / Welsh border. Now that we’ve moved and the 911 lives indoors, I did a quick online search for similar covers here in Oz 2 weeks ago, compared prices and ended up buying one online from them. Arrived in 4 days. Postage was a bit exxy but then posting / shipping anything right now is ridiculous. Cover was £125, postage £50, arrived in 4 days. The site does the sizing for you, 911 needed a Small cover and it goes over the whale tail.

www.classicadditions.co.uk 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2021 at 09:56, Joz said:

Going by the pictures they provide, a perfect fit would be baggy at best as the car modelling the cover seems to have a rectangular shape,  And not as they say a perfect fit, But I suppose it would do the job.And keep the crap off the car.

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Going by the pictures they provide, a perfect fit would be baggy at best as the car modelling the cover seems to have a rectangular shape,  And not as they say a perfect fit, But I suppose it would do the job.And keep the crap off the car.

Alrighty then,

I ordered one for the 996tt on Thursday arrived today. Feels nice and soft ( I ordered the premium indoor only jobby)

Have to wait to wash the car first before I get to fit it. Will report back then.