The 997 GT3 rear belts & seats thread

mbedford

2 hours ago, mbedford said:

Yes please. Just spoke with Autohaus Hamilton in Syd, and they said if it doesn't show 4 seater on the compliance plate, they wont touch the car for this mod.

I also jsut sent an email to PR Technology, you've got em excited :)

here is my Aussie compliance tag, mine is complied as a 2 seater only.... not sure how they discern between what could get the 2 & 4 seats compliance... 

FDC4BC9D-B5D6-4B1E-93E9-5696DFD51603.thumb.jpeg.fe48fb110a7a1bbdc62df2d1ad768c28.jpeg

This is interesting... how did some manage out as 4 seaters when others didnt? is this potentially an anomaly where they copy/pasted incorrect information from a Carrera etc?? 

I think another good data point is to put the month/year and see if there is any correlation. 

8 minutes ago, edgy said:

This is interesting... how did some manage out as 4 seaters when others didnt? is this potentially an anomaly where they copy/pasted incorrect information from a Carrera etc?? 

I think another good data point is to put the month/year and see if there is any correlation. 

Reckon you might be right Kurt.  I checked the plate on my 996.1 and that shows as 2 seats.  Surprises me that PCM were prepared to add in the rear belts (mind you this was probably 10-15 years ago), whereas AH weren't for mbedford

Hey guys, any of you that show 'seats 4' in your GT3's, do they have rear seats now? or is there any evidence it had rear seats and they were removed?

Reason I ask is Autohause Hamilton said to me yesterday that the only GT3's in Australia that show as 4 seats were special orders from Porsche as 4 seaters and actually had the rear seats installed from delivery time.

Any more 997 GT3 owners that shows 'seats 4'? keen to hear.

22 hours ago, mbedford said:

Hey guys, any of you that show 'seats 4' in your GT3's, do they have rear seats now? or is there any evidence it had rear seats and they were removed?

Reason I ask is Autohause Hamilton said to me yesterday that the only GT3's in Australia that show as 4 seats were special orders from Porsche as 4 seaters and actually had the rear seats installed from delivery time.

Any more 997 GT3 owners that shows 'seats 4'? keen to hear.

My 997.1 gt3 had 4 seats on the compliance plate but no evidence what so ever that it had seats or belts installed in the rear 

2 hours ago, James P said:

My 997.1 gt3 had 4 seats on the compliance plate but no evidence what so ever that it had seats or belts installed in the rear 

Now that i find very interesting, how these ones occur. It seems rare.

Quote update from PR Technology in Brookvale, Sydney. Richard there is very knowledgeable on this subject with just recently doing this fitment on a GT3 997.2

I’m presuming the Red items are only required for the GT3 997.1 so total = $18,340

And the Red items are only required for the GT3 997.2 so total = $21,120

I presume these are all inc GST prices as it wasn’t marked up on the quote.

GT3 997 rear belts & seats install.png

21 hours ago, edgy said:

Labour side of it doesn't seem too crazy, the new Porsche parts certainly are 😳 I wonder what that parts list is, and if you could save some $$$ by getting it from a used car in a dismantler? 

In the PDF I posted earlier in in this topic it listed all the rear belt parts, plus on top all the parts for the seats, all official Porsche parts, plus they are custom building the metal plate that the top seat latches onto, this is not a part you can order from Porsche, only salvaged from a wrecked 911, or fabricate the part from scratch, which is what they are doing.

So there seems to be a lot of parts. I have questioned the parts price.

• 9 months later...

Hey mbedford, just saw your thread.

Did you follow through with this. I've also been looking into doing this ( don't have  a GT3 yet) for the future. 

Surely just getting the seatbelts installed would be cheaper than that quote? and use the boosters belted in. 

Even if they weld in an anchor to latch the booster seat on to, you could probably even still use the same carpets?

thanks for any update

• 1 month later...

Hi ML13,

NO I haven't as I still own the 997 Carrera S Cab.

"Surely just getting the seatbelts installed would be cheaper than that quote? and use the boosters belted in. " < Technically you can do this, but I found they refuse to do it because they have said there is not enough support at the child seats back, so if there was an accident, who knows what may happen to the child seats back, and the child's back, i.e. Snap?!? So they insist the seats need to go in to support the back of the child seat.

Either that or they want o charge more for the entire job inc. seats and not just do the seatbelts. But I do see a valid point/reason here. Especially if they are doing a '4 seat' compliance plate/certificate also.

• 1 year later...

Finally completed this job, rear seats with leather and alcantara centers to match the fronts and belts. Around $21k for a 997.2 for parts and labour. 997.1 a little bit cheaper. PR-Tech in Brookvale did it. LONG time to wait for parts from Porsche Germany, but they did a good job.

20220725_203205.jpg

20220722_170035.jpg

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, mbedford said:

This is my GT3, as mentioned and discussed on this thread before. Chrome Temple Motors are managing the sale on my behalf.

Have a listen to Chris Harris's latest podcast at 10 mins 40 seconds in.

GT3 with rear seats "the ultimate car ever". :)

The dealer is claiming your car is one of 2 delivered with 4 seats as a Factory Option?

Check out this 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Series II Manual MY10.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/OAG-AD-22207869

Back 3 or 4 years ago when i was researching GT3 rear seats, on europe forums my research led me to find that Porsche in their local German market only, would do very special dealer orders with rear seats, but it wasn’t discussed about. That's why under the carpet all the bits are there ready to bolt onto.