NSW Historic Plates - The HORROR!

58 minutes ago, MFX said:

Can you Vic's have the low digit historic collector pates on an historic regoed car?

No, I don't t believe so.

Afaik, If your car goes on club permit scheme plates, you only have the choice of the historic Rego. Plate. 

If I join Porsche Car Club (Vic) can I then have any classic car checked by them to get Historic Plates (eg Subaru Impreza) or do I have to join a Subaru Club (none on the list apart from WRX Club) or a Classic Car Club to get my 1993 Subbie on historic Plates?  We just use the car to go to the shops and the rego is due in June so Historic Plates (90 days) could be the way to go.

Also I have checked the list of Vic Roads approved clubs and many are very similar to PFA.  One isn't even a club it is just a portal to get approval.  No members, no meetings no events.  Just  a guy who comes to you, checks all the paperwork is in place and the car complies and then gives you the ok for Vic Roads for a $40 per year fee plus a $40 initial admin fee.

Why can't PFA be registered as an approved Club?  Has any one ever checked what we need to do to get approval in Vic/NSW/ACT/SA/WA/Qld/Tas? 

10 hours ago, MFX said:

Can you Vic's have the low digit historic collector pates on an historic regoed car?

No, if I go historic rego, I lose those plates, which are just personalised plates I put on about 20 years ago when I first did the car up.

A few of mates are members of an historic car club, open to all makes/models.

You need to attend 3 'meets'' a year to maintain membership and get your book stamped, although monthly beer and parmi meeting nights qualify.

On 18/04/2020 at 17:41, itsujack said:

Am I being mental or does everyone agree this thing deserves better? 😫

Point taken, but @OBRUT also told me most of life’s problems disappear when you throw enough money at them! 😂 

So either do that, or let the car get its pension card! 

On 19/04/2020 at 07:10, MFX said:

I am looking at doing the same for Harry when it is finished, but in my situation it is worse because the car is modified. It will have to go on the Tractor style 'Conditional' plates. The Historic plates look much better than them. 15466994.jpg

All I can think about seeing this style of plate is; Flemington markets, piles of blue Chep pallets and forklifts... 

On 19/04/2020 at 18:11, Lucky Phil said:

If I join Porsche Car Club (Vic) can I then have any classic car checked by them to get Historic Plates (eg Subaru Impreza) or do I have to join a Subaru Club (none on the list apart from WRX Club) or a Classic Car Club to get my 1993 Subbie on historic Plates?  We just use the car to go to the shops and the rego is due in June so Historic Plates (90 days) could be the way to go.

Also I have checked the list of Vic Roads approved clubs and many are very similar to PFA.  One isn't even a club it is just a portal to get approval.  No members, no meetings no events.  Just  a guy who comes to you, checks all the paperwork is in place and the car complies and then gives you the ok for Vic Roads for a $40 per year fee plus a $40 initial admin fee.

Why can't PFA be registered as an approved Club?  Has any one ever checked what we need to do to get approval in Vic/NSW/ACT/SA/WA/Qld/Tas? 

Yes, PCNSW will do non marques... so assume the same for others. 

On 19/04/2020 at 18:11, Lucky Phil said:

@Lucky Phil I am a member of PCV and have both the 911 and Toyota MR2 turbo club registration managed through them. They had no issue with processing other marques or restricted to four wheels in case you are considering and older motorbike...

Beyond the yearly membership fee, there is no inspection fee as some other clubs charge nor stipulate mandatory attendance. Just filled in the forms, RWC, took and emailed the necessary photos of the cars and that was it! Both cars are just 3 weeks apart, so I can mail both forms at the same time and then one trip to VicRoads per year.

Get him to sell you his when the world settles back to normal. Can confirm that he looks after his cars - my 84 Carrera was once owned by him and is a cracking car! 

As to club plates, happy to support and use the scheme even if the plates in Vic are an unappealing colour. The money saved on registration and insurance in my cars are well worth the unattractive plates. Don't see the plates when fanging through the hills!

@Dalai Well aware Phil looks after his cars mate. I've driven his 996 and can attest it's a helluva car. Even better now after a load of work has been done to it

5 minutes ago, PhilH said:

Now that the International Airline business has come to a screeching halt Lee, you may be getting a call👍

Yeah that's turned a shade of brown all of a sudden mate 👎

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@Dalai Well aware Phil looks after his cars mate. I've driven his 996 and can attest it's a helluva car. Even better now after a load of work has been done to it

Yeah that's turned a shade of brown all of a sudden mate 👎

Yep.  Cannot see any planes coming back before January.  I might even have to find a real job soon! 

45 minutes ago, PhilH said:

Yep.  Cannot see any planes coming back before January.  I might even have to find a real job soon! 

I have asked mate. We have a few backpacker chippys at the moment, yet they're testing the bosses patience by not having any tools and borrowing/using everyone elses, and they're lazy bastards who take hours longer than they need to, so their days are numbered and will be fruit picking soon I imagine. I've stopped letting any of them use my gear, and still waiting on a ladder and some other hand tools to come back to me

Will let you know if anything comes up

It's time all these kids/backpackers traveling all over the world mooching off others, attending drug fkd music festivals, sitting in cafe's using free wifi,  expounding their warped lsd induced views went home to make a contribution to society. 

I met one 11 years ago at 21, looked her up on the net the other day. Still doing festival entertainment / hoolahoop and shit, trying to gather crowd funding for circus training money.

The sooner they go, the sooner all our newly unemployed ozzys can benefit from the vacancies. I know ozzys won't want to do the fruit picking etc but I don't give a fig.

You work where you have to not where you like in desperate times. The music has stopped, grab a chair.

Anyway go the H20. 😂

I disagree with the whole petition system.  Only 1000 signatures required to get a proposal put forward.  How does the majority have their say against the proposal ?

I like the size of the H plates....small.

@firstone Mate, I'm with you on that!

I don't like the part where they come here backpacking to see the world in their 'gap year(s), yet gain employment through agencies so they can stay longer or indefinitely. 

The mob I work for (great family company and bosses) took on a few 'Kingsman' as we call them, have given me a task for tomorrow to do a certain job and see how long it 'really' takes, as they're getting screwed by the backpackers where jobs are taking MUCH longer than they should. I've worked with 4 of them, and they're all the same. Nice guys for sure, but I'll be glad to see the back of them from a workers point of view. They're lazy, have minimal tools and generally don't give a toss, so the boss has had enough and bought a helluva lot of tools for them to hire at $75/week. He has given them the ultimatum yesterday...Hire the tools or buy your own, and if not, theres always fruit picking jobs available 😁

2 hours ago, firstone said:

Pay for productivity will get em going.👍

Or not, seeya

A 4 day kitchen install we both started and I spent two days on last Monday and Tuesday has now become the 8th day. Bugger all profit in that one now