Accident on Eastern Freeway Melbourne

6 hours ago, Ozvino said:

yep. other forum members have seen this idiot on the Eastern

The Clifton Hill railway station & Victoria Park railway station (next to old Collingwood football ground) at the start of the Eastern Freeway are major drug dealing spots for Melbourne junkies.

My guess is that this speeding lunatic was doing deals around there & then took off down the Eastern freeway in the black car.      I was wrong, seems he is a white-collar criminal who acts like a junkie drug dealer, so probably no jail time for him!!!

The next outward freeway entrance is at the Guide Dogs centre in Kew and its well known that the Highway Patrol waits at that spot for speeders ( I live near there & we know this trap well!).

I suspect the Patrol was waiting for him & had extra personnel for the apprehension. Maybe this was a mini "training" exercise for the cadets from the academy?

Just a thought. The latest is that the truck driver had a medical issue at the scene after the crash not before the crash therefore I wonder if either he was rubbernecking or he swerved to avoid a car that slowed suddenly to rubber neck.

Either way bloody awful for the families involved.

Hope the Porsche driver is named and shamed mercilessly.

36 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Just a thought. The latest is that the truck driver had a medical issue at the scene after the crash not before the crash therefore I wonder if either he was rubbernecking or he swerved to avoid a car that slowed suddenly to rubber neck.

Either way bloody awful for the families involved.

Hope the Porsche driver is named and shamed mercilessly.

From the artical posted on the last page.

“It's not believed he has suffered injury in the accident but has had some sort of medical episode at the scene and has been taken to hospital for medical treatment. We intend him to be there under police guard for some time. A warrant was executed on the truck driver’s Cranbourne home early this morning.“What was found at those premises is still under investigation,” Mr Ashton said."

Sounds to me like the truck driver was off chops..

4 hours ago, tomo said:

If the dickhead in the bloody  car wasn't speeding it would not have happened !

Exactly...... the dickhead in the car was the complete problem 

Drug affected criminal 

I just don’t like how the emphasis is on the Fact it was a Porsche and yeah he was the start of the chain of events, but now cause of the Porsche fact alone everyone is paranoid of driving your car , it sucks that one idiot wrecks everything and 4 people have been killed. 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Have been talking amongst friends the last month about this kind of thing; where "a car" of our choosing is involved in an incident during this lock down and how it could fuck it up for everyone doing the right thing, and here it is, it has happened.. and with a devastating outcome. 

I have so many WTF's, like why was he out and driving (under influence allegedly) like that during such an unprecedented time, why did they need 4 officers, how did the truck not see them? 

You have to feel for the ones who've lost their lives and their friends and families that will be affected, because for as much as I have all those WTF's it really boils down to this one individual acting completely negligent... it takes piss on all of us who work hard and do the right thing, I hope they throw the book at him for his actions and just STFU about the car... he'd of done the same in Great Wall, but that doesn't make good headlines. 

Your last line says it all exactly my point. 

That prick is a nasty piece of work. I'd Like to him try some of his abuse on me and see how far he gets. I would take great pleasure in handing some "abuse" back at him and would not have a problem with police arresting me for it. Would be very satisfying.

3 hours ago, Techno said:

Driver of the 911 is apparently a mortgage broker. He has been named by SMH.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/porsche-driver-took-photos-of-horrific-crash-scene-which-killed-victoria-police-officers-police-allege-20200423-p54mfw.html

Still waiting to hear why the truck ended up where it did.

For someone to take photos of people that have died and then post them on the internet, they obviously don't deserve to be part of any community...…..nor walk the planet!

This blokes next instinct was to run away, I hope his life is ruined forever.

5 minutes ago, nytelfer said:

Sadly, the driver of the 911 Turbo is known in the Porsche community but has been using a different name in recent years.

Fantastic. Keeps getting better and better.

Condolences to the families of those who lost their lives.

3 hours ago, Rick V said:

Reading from this article..

"Richard Pusey, 41, the driver at the centre of a crash that killed four police officers, is a mortgage broker with an extensive criminal history"

"Dubbed 'Richie Rich' and 'Australia's nastiest customer', Pusey screamed at one of their wives that he hoped she died, just after she got out of hospital where she had breast cancer treatment.  Get some more f**king cancer you stupid f**king sl*t, I hope you f**king die,' he was filmed yelling through their door"

I can't believe what I have read about this guy. Must be the lowest form of scum.

How can he possibly be a Mortgage broker...?  Clearly, his dirty history of criminal convictions, etc, all disappear when he is running a Finance business. 

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

The reporting on this is really giving the rest of us a bad name. Granted the guy sounds like a POS, but what has that got to do with the car he is driving. Haven't seen too many "Toyota driver comes forward" articles.

Sadly, when it's an exotic car, the media just hang on it. Same thing happened here in SA last year when a Lambo driver veered off the road into a restaurant and tragically killed a young girl who was standing outside. The media always mentioned ''the high powered Lamborghini..." whom they assume was speeding because of said car and his YouTube videos of him in other exotic cars. 

You can probably correctly assume the bloke was doing something he shouldn't be, so the investigators have contacted Lamborghini to check the cars data as to whether the traction control was activated or not. Pretty sure if it was a Camry or a Daewoo the media wouldnt be concentrating on what sort of car it was! 

Regardless, this tragic situation has no winners regardless of who was driving what, and speculation of the events as some media outlets and other online commenting have reported, is just ridiculous. 4 coppers who were just doing their job are tragically never going home. RIP 

Some perspective:

- Porsche driving piece of shit was speeding and under the influence and took photos and ran off 

- trick driver crashed and killed 4 innocent cops

So media focuses on the former?   Everything that is wrong with modern media right there.