ANZAC's of PFA

43 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Tit, this is what your Herc would have looked like back in the 80's - that was at Richmond Airbase October 1987 - I remember it being around the time the stock market crashed

ARMY3.thumb.JPG.ee67402a80f26072df626dd7e7ef52d4.JPG

That's probably still there.  One of those jets got damaged beyond repair years ago and has been a tarmac ornament since...

Low-level navigating before moving-map displays...

i-NnMqnfJ.jpg

2 hours ago, Tit said:

@Niko, that SLR is bigger than you!  My old man was the supply officer on the 'Vung Tau' ferry for a few years...

Fantastic.   I know a few blokes that would have been party to his hospitality.

I was lucky enough to fly over and back with Qantas, I was a Reo, and we replaced one with one.   So avoided chucking my guts over the side of the Ferry.

Excuse me if I tell a quick "Warrie"

One of the cooks off the SYDNEY somehow got to visit our boozer, when the Sydney was moored at Vungers..  

A deal was made by our boozer to buy something like 10 dozen meat pies.

We were all salivating for some good meat pies.   He could understand how we we felt....how serious our cravings were...

I hadn't been home for about ten months I left my R&R till very late in the tour, so I used to dream of fish and chips and meat pies.

I would have killed for a good old fashioned Australian Meat Pie.

Anyway, we paid said cook the amount of outrageous money he asked for the pies.  

We picked them up, organised a big night in the pisser the following day.

Meat pies were heated up, lots of cool refreshers drunk while waiting in anticipation.

Eventually Pies started to be eaten.......

Bastard....all the pies had potato in them...not a meat pie amongst the lot of them.

Sydney had sailed the night before......Very lucky for them....

1 hour ago, Niko said:

I was lucky enough to fly over and back with Qantas, I was a Reo, and we replaced one with one.   So avoided chucking my guts over the side of the Ferry.

Excuse me if I tell a quick "Warrie"

One of the cooks off the SYDNEY somehow got to visit our boozer, when the Sydney was moored at Vungers..  

A deal was made by our boozer to buy something like 10 dozen meat pies.

We were all salivating for some good meat pies.   He could understand how we we felt....how serious our cravings were...

I hadn't been home for about ten months I left my R&R till very late in the tour, so I used to dream of fish and chips and meat pies.

I would have killed for a good old fashioned Australian Meat Pie.

Anyway, we paid said cook the amount of outrageous money he asked for the pies.  

We picked them up, organised a big night in the pisser the following day.

Meat pies were heated up, lots of cool refreshers drunk while waiting in anticipation.

Eventually Pies started to be eaten.......

Bastard....all the pies had potato in them...not a meat pie amongst the lot of them.

Sydney had sailed the night before......Very lucky for them....

I wonder if he's a mortgage broker today? 😆

One of my dad's 'warries' include swapping two trays of Australian steaks for an American iroqois helicopter (would have been pushed into the bay, anyway).  The SYDNEY returned home with one more UH-1 than it sailed with!

5 hours ago, Niko said:

Yep Anzac day t' morra I am 65 this year and never missed a dawn service since I was 10 , The Old fella's been gone for a few years now, But the tradition  still holds, It will be the first year I am not there for him and his mates bloody sad .

15 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yep Anzac day t' morra I am 65 this year and never missed a dawn service since I was 10 , The Old fella's been gone for a few years now, But the tradition  still holds, It will be the first year I am not there for him and his mates bloody sad .

Join us in the driveway at dawn.  

you’ll still be there for your old man in spirit. 

15 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yep onto that Mate , But drinking bundy rum in me tea without the old boys don't seem right.

I’ve got a busy day driving a moving van tomorrow so the rum will have to wait.  We’ll get the Vietnam vet father in law on zoom and share a few rums later. 

^^^^^^^^ Sombre day in the strange environment of restricted freedom - the world turned upside down for a while. Still, the most important day of the year, symbolic day to reflect on the ultimate sacrifice of lost lives and the brave service and duty given by so many sons and dads that changed their lives forever and their families. Always a stark reminder when reading the many lost lives, the family names on a country town memorial statue. So many brothers from just a small regional area. Huge respect, thoughts and thanks to all the brave guys here who took that risk, lost a few mates, a great day to raise a glass or three. Love the photos, the blokes full of heart, all the mischievous young grins and weaponry. Thanks.

Walked out of the door at ten to six this morning to be greeted by this..........

IMG_6385.thumb.jpeg.bb60621490f91a3e6445459518f08303.jpeg

My Daughter and Grand Kids had been up early.   IMG_6391.thumb.jpeg.e64c17507d6ab5b5ffa01c7641aa2d13.jpeg

Pretty special.........Brought a tear to my eye.....

Hope you all had a great morning.....Thanks again to everyone for looking after our great country.

P.S.

Not sure what's happening to the "likes" I ran out of them after just a couple today.....I will catch up to some on here...