MP3 Phone kits

jameshaydn

I've got a 06 997 Carrera S with a multi function steering wheel. From what i can gather the phone connectivity relys on a sim card being fitted. Old tech of course. 

Does anyone know of  good after market kit that can be fitted, ustilising MP3 and phone connection, but using the existing buttons etc and main screen?

I know of the La Power unit available via Amazon but not sure if the steering wheel controls come into play.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Haydn 

In regards to the LaPower unit, and compatability with the multifunction wheel, maybe ask the guys at Rennlist. This topic is quite active, and a lot of guys have installed it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/1030470-lapower-bluetooth-4.html

I plan to install mine sometime this week, 06 Cayman S, with PCM2.1, but unfortunately no multifunction wheel.

M2 Mobridge I had installed a number of years back. by No Limit Car Sound Vision in Port Melbourne

Only your first 100 contacts will be sync'd from your phone to the PCM due to its storage but not really a big issue as I really just wanted bluetooth for music. But I can make and receive calls via the steering wheel and it's compatible with BOSE. 

If you do get one installed just make sure they fully disconnect the factory Motorola module that's found under the driver seat. This step was missed for me and I was getting a flat battery once a week as it was still pulling a currant when the car was switched off causing the battery to go flat!

here's a shitty you tube video on functionality but you get the idea

note that this unit will make the 6 sacker in your frunk obsolete.

Cheers Mate, just gave them a call.  Quote etc coming.

Appreciate your time

Haydn

5 hours ago, porka987s said:

In regards to the LaPower unit, and compatability with the multifunction wheel, maybe ask the guys at Rennlist. This topic is quite active, and a lot of guys have installed it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/1030470-lapower-bluetooth-4.html

I plan to install mine sometime this week, 06 Cayman S, with PCM2.1, but unfortunately no multifunction wheel.

many thanks. Will do.

Haydn

Installed the LaPower/Mr12Volt unit yesterday on my prehistoric PCM2.1. 

Took me about 2 hours, practically plug and play, with the latest 3-headed MOST cable. 

I initially thought about installing an aftermarket unit, but I prefer to keep OEM. So for those that want to stay OEM, I would recommend this unit for AUX and Bluetooth capability.

61cpxrzMS6L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Thanks Mate. Thinking the same as you re keeping the unit looking original. Just one question. Do you have a multi function steering wheel?

Well 2 questions.... where did you purchase the kit?😎

Cheers.

Haydn

No multifunction steering wheel, but assume it would work, because the factory CD changer programming would work with the multifunction steering wheel I would imagine. 

I got mine from Ebay, let me know if you have troubles finding. Search Pcm2.1 Bluetooth. 

Cheers Porka.  Just ordered one for the same guy i think.

My son in-law is a tech head so should have no problems fitting it.

Hey by the way, a bloke mentioned to me yesterday you can buy very stylish mesh that fits in the air cavities in the front bar for radiators. He says they look good and protect the radiators well. 

Wouldn't know where i can get them, by any chance?

Good luck with the install, pretty straight forward. Hardest bit is pulling out the trim.

For the mesh, I would think those are Zunsport ones... Although they're overpriced, and I don't like that they are fitted over the factory plastic trims on the front bar. Looks tacky to me.

However some people may prefer that, and the fact that they just clip on from the outside, without needing to remove the front bar.