Manual 996

wobaby

Gday gents,

Im trying to source a manual 996 , not too worried about miles as im looking to use daily.

Prefer Coupe over CAB also.

If you could let me know if anyone has one , running or not they are looking to move on that would be great.

2 hours ago, wobaby said:

Gday gents,

Im trying to source a manual 996 , not too worried about miles as im looking to use daily.

Prefer Coupe over CAB also.

If you could let me know if anyone has one , running or not they are looking to move on that would be great.

Lots of different ones, 33 on car sales, nothing there that suits? Are you looking for an el cheapo?

Gday @Troubleshooter , yeah ive done the regular rounds... carsales, tradingpost , autotrader , justcars , pickles , graysonline,  manheim and facebook marketplace ect.... But ive seen 911's offered up on here before they hit the "Market" just curious to see if anyone within the PFA Fam has a semi working or fully working 996.

I guess as far as budget goes , im certainly after the entry level manual.

If it's any help, all of the non-C4S 996s listed on Carsales have been up for a while now, so you could negotiate and see who's motivated.  This might be the pick of them (ignoring the tailpipes and headunit, which are easily changed): https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-6456222/?Cr=1

13 hours ago, Harsh said:

Gday @Harsh , yeah in the end my budget will probably push me into a cab. Ive had that 1st one in my watch list for a bit.....  Its nice too.

Ive has some PFA members send me their 996's via DM which is very kind of them , also appear to be much better kept.

Im trying to be open minded and know that there will be some out there not using the carsales route.... Maybe even some old fashion paper based ad's ......

22 hours ago, Steve996 said:

If it's any help, all of the non-C4S 996s listed on Carsales have been up for a while now, so you could negotiate and see who's motivated.  This might be the pick of them (ignoring the tailpipes and headunit, which are easily changed): https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-6456222/?Cr=1

Yeah wow, those tips are off a early cayenne are they not ?.......

personal taste i guess....😨

28 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Tips are 996TT and C4S.

Mine came with those type of tips as well. Whipped 'em off quick smart for a set of Dansk ones.

https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/dansk-exhaust-tips-in-stainless-steel-for-porsche-996-phase-2-2002-2005_RS10924.htm

Like these as you can't see they are tips from the side profile.

On 07/05/2020 at 15:32, Steve996 said:

When I was looking for a 996/997 I spoke to the owner, my major concern was the car has minimal service entries and no invoice records of any type. The owner said purchased he the car from his mechanic and assured me its in top condition. 
I wasn't prepared to get a PPI as my value for such a car is in a different ballpark to owner.

Hope this helps !