718GT4 review

DJM

His gripe is 5% interior options bling, 10% cockpit sound and 85% gear ratios for the street or half fanging it through the mountains - They could easily have chosen to perfect it but we have a GT3 ..... They can't make the ratios and the exhaust / induction (and brakes) perfect coz it'll be better than a GT3 :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, DJM said:

Hopefully one day they will give the chassis what it deserves, the full fruit GT engine and gearbox.  Tough call if the profit on a GT3 is more than on a GT4 and 911 remains their hero car.

I wish they would but they wont ever do it unless it's a financial decision for the future of the company. They can't, it's not a 911! and it never will be, it's a Boxster with a roof welded on and that's it's heritage. In a year or three the GT4 is probably my next newish Pcar I think, near on perfect overall value for newish GT style of Pcar.

18 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

I wish they would but they wont ever do it unless it's a financial decision for the future of the company. They can't, it's not a 911! and it never will be, it's a Boxster with a roof welded on and that's it's heritage. In a year or three the GT4 is probably my next newish Pcar I think, near on perfect overall value for newish GT style of Pcar.

The Caymans and Boxster heritage goes back further than that .Back to the 904 Carrera GT, And they all come from the humble Beetle.  :)