Oh no - no gauges!

Seventy911

So I pulled all the gauges, carefully marking the wiring to strip and repaint my dash. Everything came up really well including refinishing the heater control panel except now, I have no electric gauges working. Took off the steering wheel and shroud and went through 1 by 1. Still no dice. I have a number of wiring diagrams and it looks as though the current and earth are in series and start on the LHS. (LHD car) but I can't see the wood for trees. This is bound to be something simple (I hope) but I can't find the error. There are two things which I'm really puzzled by. The first; the charge or alternator light is on constantly and second; the cold air / blower speed is light is on if any of the 3 speeds are selected even with the key at OFF. 

lots of head scratching!

Suspect you've missed a ground somewhere when reconnecting.  I'd look around the gauge pod, and work backwards.  Suspect if you find the missing ground your other problems will fix themselves.