Child seat 944 - how to be legal & attach

DTC911

I’ve just been to Baby Bunnings to try and have a few different child seats fitted and although I’ve found a few good sized ones the issue seems to be with the actual belt ( all www searches I’ve done tend to all be US related)

the anchor points are AOK in the 944 and looking for a little bit of guidance or options from others who have made the dive into bringing the kiddies along in the P Car (something I certainly never got to experience as a kiddy)

Thanks in  advance 🙏

@OzJustin has a child seat in his S2 & may be able to answer your questions.

Professionally/ legally most Police probably wouldn't check your seats if you were pulled over.  You'd be unlucky to find a traffic Nazi (or you may have failed the attitude test) & they may go through fully - this would be rare.

The issues I can see if you are more concerned about the seat being safe is the condition of the belt itself & it's ability to function correctly in a prang.  The belts in my S2 are in good condition but it doesn't stop me considering replacing them with new belts that aren't 30 years old.  The tension mount fitting on most child seats just rely on the belt & the top tether holding the seat in place. 

4 hours ago, Jason E said:

@OzJustin has a child seat in his S2 & may be able to answer your questions.

Professionally/ legally most Police probably wouldn't check your seats if you were pulled over.  You'd be unlucky to find a traffic Nazi (or you may have failed the attitude test) & they may go through fully - this would be rare.

The issues I can see if you are more concerned about the seat being safe is the condition of the belt itself & it's ability to function correctly in a prang.  The belts in my S2 are in good condition but it doesn't stop me considering replacing them with new belts that aren't 30 years old.  The tension mount fitting on most child seats just rely on the belt & the top tether holding the seat in place. 

I have a Mother's Choice Allure (model GS2013). It fits into the back seats of a 944 with little trouble. My little boy loves going for Sunday drives with me. :) 

2 hours ago, DTC911 said:

did you just run the normal belt through it and connect the tether to the bracket in the boot?

Yes correct. Just used the normal belt and boot fixing point. Once in and tensioned it is quite snug. I also place some carpet under the back seat to protect the seat fabric and it also seems to hold the seat in more firmly.

4 hours ago, DTC911 said:

Thanks @Jason E my issue seems to be with the “fitter” saying it won’t tension correctly

2 hours ago, OzJustin said:

I also place some carpet under the back seat to protect the seat fabric and it also seems to hold the seat in more firmly.

We experienced a similar problem with fitting baby seat to a non-Pcar with a long reaching tether point in the rear hatch. It was our first child, first time fitting a baby seat, so we took it to a recommended professional fitter to ensure it was done correctly.  He then found the same issue, and promptly supplied a towel folded up, under the seat. This gave the child seat more support, and better stability which meant it could be tensioned. Surprised me.