Wanted (thought about it, did it) 996 C4S

KGB

Autohaus Hamilton have been truly fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, great follow-up, friendly nature, super easy PPI.  I suppose you get what you pay for!   Highly recommended. Thanks Grant and Chris.

So far Alan’s Unique Transport have also been great,  very accomodating from the booking perspective, final judgement Friday when it’s due to arrive in one piece!  Thank you Karen.

.We’re quick to complain about bad experiences, need to make sure we compliment those providing the good experiences.👍

1 hour ago, KGB said:

Autohaus Hamilton have been truly fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, great follow-up, friendly nature, super easy PPI.  I suppose you get what you pay for!   Highly recommended. Thanks Grant and Chris.

So far Alan’s Unique Transport have also been great,  very accomodating from the booking perspective, final judgement Friday when it’s due to arrive in one piece!  Thank you Karen.

.We’re quick to complain about bad experiences, need to make sure we compliment those providing the good experiences.👍

Have just done the reverse trip. Alan's just delivered a mates 993 to sydney from Melb this arvo and it heads to Autohaus on Friday for a Indy up. Alans were great and always find the team at Autohaus fantastic. Grant and Anthony were great taking calls around questions, giving advice. Enjoy the C4S, have seen it in the flesh a few times and love those big hips 😍

Thankyou Mark. ‘‘Twas my pleasure. 
re buying the car sight unseen , that was exactly how I bought her too.  
seems serendipity has intervened here.  
hope you enjoy her rear end as much as i did. 
cheers Hughesy 

On 02/06/2020 at 21:23, KGB said:

Congrats mate. Also don't leave us hanging. It's now Saturday morning and from the above you've had it for 12 hours at least. Where are the gratuitous pics?

20 hours ago, Dave986 said:

Congrats mate. Also don't leave us hanging. It's now Saturday morning and from the above you've had it for 12 hours at least. Where are the gratuitous pics?

Thanks mate, it arrived at my technician’s workshop at 6:30am Friday 😳.   Saw it a 8am, very nice condition.  Drive’s well, looks sensational in Atlas Grey, wasn’t sure on the color until seeing it.   It’s still there and will have a major service and thorough check over to attend immediately to all the little stuff you find when you start looking.  Like many here I’m a bit OCD...

Pics once it’s Victorian registered and complete, maybe a week or so.  Stay tuned.

On 05/06/2020 at 21:36, Hughesy said:

Thankyou Mark. ‘‘Twas my pleasure. 
re buying the car sight unseen , that was exactly how I bought her too.  
seems serendipity has intervened here.  
hope you enjoy her rear end as much as i did. 
cheers Hughesy 

Hughesy, thank you for dealing the old way, didn’t think there were too many of us left!  

Best Porsche rear end ever.

On 02/06/2020 at 22:36, Tips said:

Have just done the reverse trip. Alan's just delivered a mates 993 to sydney from Melb this arvo and it heads to Autohaus on Friday for a Indy up. Alans were great and always find the team at Autohaus fantastic. Grant and Anthony were great taking calls around questions, giving advice. Enjoy the C4S, have seen it in the flesh a few times and love those big hips 😍

Universe rebalanced!   

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Service and usual list of tidying up completed, simple detail done, zorst tips aligned.  Pirelli’s fitted (Michie rears n/a for 3 months!). Discovered PSE fitted after delivery at some point, nice bonus, sounds great.  Fitted a 997 shift mech, which has shortened the throw and made it more direct, but not SSK short and notchy.  Sweet car, drives beautifully as Grant at Autohaus commented during PPI.

Mates are now looking for 996’s....🤣

7E8CA4BC-134A-4AB0-9F76-EBC52F2533E5.jpeg

2 hours ago, KGB said:

Mates are now looking for 996’s....

you mover & shaker, you..!

2 hours ago, KGB said:

Fitted a 997 shift mech, which has shortened the throw and made it more direct, but not SSK short and notchy.

That would be a great improvement, I didn't realise they were interchangeable. Did you use the 997 Factory 'short shift version'? 

The 4S is looking sweet 😎

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

That would be a great improvement, I didn't realise they were interchangeable. Did you use the 997 Factory 'short shift version'? 

Completely interchangeable, bolt in and go.  I used the regular 997 mech, they say 15% shorter throw, about right.  Bit notchy first thing but otherwise nice improvement.  Read that the 997 SSK makes it a bit resistant in it’s action.

2 hours ago, KGB said:

Completely interchangeable, bolt in and go.  I used the regular 997 mech, they say 15% shorter throw, about right.  Bit notchy first thing but otherwise nice improvement.  Read that the 997 SSK makes it a bit resistant in it’s action.

Love this forum for the sharing of info. Shall keep that one in the knowledge bank. 

I have the Factory short shift as a Build option on my 997S. I rate it highly.  I could understand some may comment that the shift action seems resistant, and maybe even a little notchy - but if anything that is really only from cold. Once it warms up, it is slick. In fact, by the time it's warm, those shifts are slotting into place so smooth it makes me want to head straight for the hills.