Swapping to paddle shifter steering wheel?

I have the multi function steering wheel on my 981 Boxster S.   It has the button gear changer switches for the PDK.  Has anyone swapped to the paddle sports steering wheel, and is it and easy swap?  I guess you lose the phone buttons, and other function buttons etc when you make the change.  What do you actually lose and what is the cost of the replacement wheel?  If this has been covered before please refer me to the thread.

I had PCM swap the wheel on my 991 Carrera S as part of the deal when I bought it; the new wheel includes an additional stalk that replaces many of the wheel functions. Volume and mute controls are lost on the wheel but the other multifunction stuff is replaced with the stalk. The paddles are well worth the loss of those buttons. 

They swap over the airbag but in addition to installing the new stalk unit they have to reprogram the computer on the car to support the new wheel and stalk. All up its approx 1 hours labour to fit and reprogram. 

Cost is probably in the ballpark of $3k fitted; if you are going to keep the car for a couple of years its well worth the money IMHO

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

I have the multi function steering wheel on my 981 Boxster S.   It has the button gear changer switches for the PDK.  Has anyone swapped to the paddle sports steering wheel, and is it and easy swap?  I guess you lose the phone buttons, and other function buttons etc when you make the change.  What do you actually lose and what is the cost of the replacement wheel?  If this has been covered before please refer me to the thread.

TECHART has a good solution

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2020 at 19:19, Lucky Phil said:

Anyone bought this kit and had it installed here?  

O,ver on the Rennlist site you can buy a flappy paddle wheel from Suncost for about the same price. But you loose the multi function use of the wheel , so they are using the kit as it keeps the multy funtion benifits of the wheel.