993 Targa Tip up for auction

19 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

Oil leaks, silicone to seal the roof, swimming experience, interior that needs attention, maybe over priced and it wont start. Yippie !! it is just what I was looking for and its 30K cheaper than anything else I can see on Carsales, which allows me spend quite a few $ to bring it back to life.

It will be on a transporter on its way to Sydney in the next few days where the main concern is to get it running, registered and then restoration, Interior colour change and maybe a manual conversion. So if you have any ideas on what you would do with it or have a manual gearbox and clutch peddle assembly please contact me. Peter M if you have any ideas on the Drive Block Immobiliser they would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I need to update my member profile.

Warren

Warren,

What a great project!  To paraphrase JFK “We choose to go to recommission old 993's in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills,.."

As for Drive Block Immobiliser issues, I'm no expert as my 993 wasn't so equipped but if you do some Google searches you'll find it's a common and well understood problem and it appears, at worst, that just sending a couple blackboxes and you fob OS with  a $600USD cheque will get it fixed.  (However download immobiliser section from the 993 workshop manual first as it still could be a simpler fix like a new fob or fob battery).

I have a soft spot for Tips too.  You just need to be willing to learn how to use them.