My 1st Boxster Advise please

2 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

So if they have just done a thorough inspection why did you just pay for a PPI? @Frank

Hey TING996

where does it say I payed or had an inspection done, the inspection is standard operational procedure for any car they sell or have on consignment from what I have been told.

I simply asked for a inspection report if they did one and if they done a compression/leak down test which they didn't as no issues to warrant one have arisen.

I was very impressed with their detail replies to my questions as well like the 4mm on tyres is to the wear indicator and that the discs are actually fine as even 2mm wear does take quite some time.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Hey TING996

where does it say I payed or had an inspection done, the inspection is standard operational procedure for any car they sell or have on consignment from what I have been told.

I simply asked for a inspection report if they did one and if they done a compression/leak down test which they didn't as no issues to warrant one have arisen.

I was very impressed with their detail replies to my questions as well like the 4mm on tyres is to the wear indicator and that the discs are actually fine as even 2mm wear does take quite some time.

Cheers

I thought you may have from the report you posted on here, chill baby.

It was only a question,

Getting closer to pulling the trigger on the 987 at AUTOHAUS, just wondering if any gurus on here have actually seen the vehicle in person.

I am located in SA and be buying it sight unseen but their reputation and all of my RFI's have been handled most professionally.

Cheers

58 minutes ago, Frank said:

Getting closer to pulling the trigger on the 987 at AUTOHAUS, just wondering if any gurus on here have actually seen the vehicle in person.

I am located in SA and be buying it sight unseen but their reputation and all of my RFI's have been handled most professionally.

Cheers

Good people there Frank, we've bought 2 cars from Scott @ AH, including the 987S which was our first Porsche.  6 years ago so I was able to fly up and inspect and test drive though 🙂 

16 hours ago, Frank said:

Cheers

I’ve bought 6 cars from AH mostly unseen. Always 100% trustworthy in my experience. I’ll probably buy 6 more. Not at same time though 

17 hours ago, Frank said:

Cheers

Almost identical to our car and the price is reasonable. Only issue you should be aware of is that the door speakers (woofers and mid-range) will need replacement, as almost certainly the paper cones and rubber will have deteriorated and have separated from the steel frames.You have the "sound plus" specification with the ASK amp.

This is a pretty easy fix to do except that the woofers are a very odd size at 7.5" which are not off the shelf items. I did find that the Audison AP8 is a direct fit, though minus the cage they are mounted in. The alternative is to choose a smaller 6.5" speaker and mount them on board.

I am just about to change over the radio front end with 2-DIN touch screen Pioneer that will have all the whistles - there is a huge cost difference in accessories and mounting kits so if want to go down this path let me know.

The other things to factor in are of course the IMS and rear main seal. You may also have some wear issues with the canvas roof - there are two flexible ball joints in the lowering system which come standard as plastic that I would change over to metal ones - this is an easy fix as well and recommended.

3 hours ago, 42 South said:

Almost identical to our car and the price is reasonable. Only issue you should be aware of is that the door speakers (woofers and mid-range) will need replacement, as almost certainly the paper cones and rubber will have deteriorated and have separated from the steel frames.You have the "sound plus" specification with the ASK amp.

This is a pretty easy fix to do except that the woofers are a very odd size at 7.5" which are not off the shelf items. I did find that the Audison AP8 is a direct fit, though minus the cage they are mounted in. The alternative is to choose a smaller 6.5" speaker and mount them on board.

I am just about to change over the radio front end with 2-DIN touch screen Pioneer that will have all the whistles - there is a huge cost difference in accessories and mounting kits so if want to go down this path let me know.

The other things to factor in are of course the IMS and rear main seal. You may also have some wear issues with the canvas roof - there are two flexible ball joints in the lowering system which come standard as plastic that I would change over to metal ones - this is an easy fix as well and recommended.

Thank you very much, I am thinking of doing radio up-grade depending on if I actually end up listening to the radio in it all, so please let me know.

The car has the original clutch and been serviced very well so hoping bearing still good but if/when I do a clutch, I do the IMS and RMS at teh same time no doubt.

Thank you

5 hours ago, Proud Member said:

I’ve bought 6 cars from AH mostly unseen. Always 100% trustworthy in my experience. I’ll probably buy 6 more. Not at same time though 

This seems to be the common feedback from all that have dealt with them.

thank you

Frank,

I may have something for you.

Arctic Silver, black interior 2001 986S 6 speed manual. 100.000 km.

New Dunlop Direzza DZZ3's all round on Porsche design 18" rims.

Full service history, Aftermarket Pioneer CD/ reverse camera.

10 months SA rego, with 986 plate, located Welland.

Nothing to spend on it, everything functions as it should, drives perfectly, looks beautiful.

Mild sports exhaust sounds perfect. 

Original clutch, IMS etc, so normal caveat there.

Phone or text 0419 419 424

Rob H 986S.JPG

On 24/06/2020 at 10:06, 42 South said:

Hey mate

i pulled the trigger, getting trucked over.

if I could get some more info on ur radio upgrade, that be awesome.

I put in a Focal speaker up grade on last car but not sure I want to spend that much again and I had a quote from local guys to install new pioneer set up with Apple car play but the dude wants $2k for a $700 radio.

9 hours ago, Frank said:

Hey mate

i pulled the trigger, getting trucked over.

if I could get some more info on ur radio upgrade, that be awesome.

I put in a Focal speaker up grade on last car but not sure I want to spend that much again and I had a quote from local guys to install new pioneer set up with Apple car play but the dude wants $2k for a $700 radio.

I know I definitely over capitalised on mine but I’m bias and I think I’ve got the best of both. Two sound system upgrades:

- double din head unit, new door 6 inch, front dash 4 inch and 1inch plus 8 inch sub in the passenger foot well. If you don’t upgrade the exhaust from stock you will want something to listen to that can go loud.

- gembella 55mm full exhaust system, new headers, 200 cell cars and mufflers box