Rendevous C'était un Rendez vous 1976

8 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

WOW: 1976 video I had never heard of (Ferrari's has just done a Rendezvous Remake), but I now know where Magnus got his early LA run idea from!   

Together with Ari Vaatenen's Pikes Peak Hillclimb video "Climb Dance", I reckon these are the 2 best car videos EVER done 🙂 

1 minute ago, StevepGT3 said:

hate to burst your bubble, but it was shot from the front of a mercedes sedan and sped up and dubbed

We all know that, but the greatest film anyway 🙂

8 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Together with Ari Vaatenen's Pikes Peak Hillclimb video "Climb Dance", I reckon these are the 2 best car videos EVER done 🙂 

We all know that, but the greatest film anyway 🙂

I vote: Ruf Yellowbird & Bullitt.....................

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

I felt that same way when I found out they deliberately put narrower tyres on the Charger so that McQueen's Mustang could keep up. 

Must have been a petty quick VW bug if they had to pass it three times !

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

I felt that same way when I found out they deliberately put narrower tyres on the Charger so that McQueen's Mustang could keep up. 

I love the cinematography, suspense, soundtrack of the chase, and Steve McQueen,  love the sinister Russians in the bad boys black charger too, and Mustang fastbacks - but seriously the Mustang sludgebox 390 4speed would struggle to do a quarter mile in under 14 seconds with shit all traction but it sounds a treat and 10 minutes of cool! 

Just now, Troubleshooter said:

I love the cinematography, suspense, soundtrack of the chase, and Steve McQueen,  love the sinister Russians in the bad boys black charger too, and Mustang fastbacks - but seriously the Mustang sludgebox 390 4speed would struggle to do a quarter mile in under 14 seconds with shit all traction but it sounds a treat and 10 minutes of cool! 

And no LSD.

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

?? Think you need to watch that movie again.

Yeah  I probably do it's been a decade or two. What are they then? Mafia? Don't look Italian, and they don't gob off so can't be Italian. They don't talk and the passenger dude with a concrete head looks like an angry Russian. The driver looks like my old headmaster and he was a sour old c%#t too. Good driver though - didn't learn those moves driving a donkey hitched to a Lada Niva, although the Charger handles like one!! Aren't Russians always the bad guys in those yank movies?