PMO issues

JOE911

Haha Phil'

I watched the first attachment you sent me and I was scratching my head thinking I must have missed it! Just started to watch your second attachment and almost fell off my chair, the guy in the video is Scott from Heltech in the Heltech Dyno room! It was Scott who first recommended me to "Custom Bugs & Buses"!!! Maybe I should tell Scott I am doing a Youtube video on my 911 conversion to PMO & Heltech and see if he'll do me a free tune!!! Phil', thank you so much for your time and interest. Fingers crossed that "autotech" will sort it out for me next week, I'll post the outcome (hopefully it will be all positive)  

I got a call from the Tuner yesterday evening & told the 911 is ready to be picked up! He said he managed to improve it a great deal, in his own words “but I don’t want to talk it up”. I’m picking the car up this afternoon, fingers crossed I can report back that it’s 100% improved🤞

Hi Guys,

Today I picked up my beloved 911 from AutoTech Tuners. Well...... my 911 is now driving in traffic like a "spirited lady" as apposed to trying to hold onto a "Headlock" on a pit bull!!! It is now at 98% and a long, long way away from when I left the car with AutoTech. There is no more resistance on the throttle peddle and no more violent kicks in the back, and although there is still a little quite/small pops and crackling on "De Cel", there is not more loud explosions that scares poor little Grandmothers while walking down the street and make cops reach for their holsters! The big test will be come Sunday when I will take the 911 to the roads I enjoy where there is a few "hill climbs" and this is where the test will take place as I know at which part of the climbs has been inducing the loud explosions. When I called the head of AutoTech Sprio, who did the tune, to let him know I was on my way to pick up the car, he told me he would not be there and told me to simply take the car without paying for his work and for me to drive it around and provide him feedback, once we are both happy with the car he will give me the bill, which I feel I may need to brace myself for! Once I've paid my bill with AutoTech my battle will start with "Customs Bug & Buses" to try to retrieve some of the money I paid out with them, not looking forward to that one! 

Thanks for your interest guys and input, I'll endeavour to keep you posted. 

My two cents is that the linkage was setup wrong-I had the same problem on my PMO carbs when using the linkage plate from the CIS=when I removed it and shortened the linkage rod the transition was much better.