New Car Parked Outside

Nikos

OK, so it's slightly Porsche related, in that because I have my Porsche in the garage (and a couple of m/bikes), the wife's family car had to go outside as of last year. We've ordered a new Volvo XC90 T6, because apparently we needed another 7 seater. What's the best economical protection available as we'll have the car for a very long time, hopefully. I'll give it a clay bar and wax upon collection, but looking for some protection from the elements.

29 minutes ago, Nikos said:

What's the best economical protection available as we'll have the car for a very long time, hopefully. I'll give it a clay bar and wax upon collection, but looking for some protection from the elements.

We have had the 'family car' professionally paint corrected (even when new), and then had a Ceramic coating applied. 

This treatment has proved very effective for leaving the car outdoors. The paint now has a sacrificial layer which has lasted, and any bird droppings, etc. wash /wipe easily off without having to rub the surface at all. 

I would have it applied again.

Hth.

Cheers.

Yes I've had Opti-Coat Pro applied to my company car which is also a Ceramic Coating I believe. That was 3yrs ago, and not sure if anything new or better has come along in the interim. Can anyone recommend a supplier local to Inner West or Western Sydney? I've used Protekt before but open to options. Assuming this is really my only options to protect the paint long term.

1 hour ago, Nikos said:

Cheers.

Yes I've had Opti-Coat Pro applied to my company car which is also a Ceramic Coating I believe. That was 3yrs ago, and not sure if anything new or better has come along in the interim. Can anyone recommend a supplier local to Inner West or Western Sydney? I've used Protekt before but open to options. Assuming this is really my only options to protect the paint long term.

Opticoat at Alexandria

Um, yeah not sure how that would go down with the wife.

Looks like the ceramic coating options are my best bet. Opti-coat isnt bad. Given the months of water restrictions, my car went without a wash for far too long. Parked in an industrial estate we get smashed with airborne pollutants and my car felt like sandpaper. I was worried I'd have to go through the whole clay bar process. As soon as water restrictions were lifted, I was out there at 7am washing her down. Came up a treat and smooth as glass. I was actually surprised the paint was still smooth after so many months without a wash in a shitty environment.