How many 1974 911's are still registered?

Guys,

Over the last couple of years I've been trying to find out how many 1974 911's are still registered in Oz. The reason for this is that I own a 1974 911s and I know that in 1974 there was only 25x 911s' Australian delivered! I am sure that there would not be too many still registered and  driving around today!  An interesting fact I came across was that in 1974 Porsche's total 911 production world wide in all configurations being the 911, 911s, Targa, Carrera & Turbo was only 11,773 units! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have one, its actually 1974 build but MY75. It is still classified as a 74. Its a base model and according to Porsche Australia it is a 911T. 

Being a T, it has no sunroof manual crank windows, Mexico Blue and very rare under dash factory air conditioning. Sometime in the 70's steel narrow body RS flares were added and the rest was updated to look like an SC.

13CCE8F9-A3D3-42E8-B9F0-D5AD88FB8690.heic

I bet most of those 25 are still on the road somewhere.  911 deaths are rarer than most cars - death by exit backwards off the road being the most common I think.  Another cause of death for 74s was at the hands of 80s/90s butchers 'updating' them and subsequently rendering them worthless.

LHD 74s are sought after as smog-exempt in california and other states if you want to stuff a big engine in the rear.

• 1 year later...
On 01/12/2022 at 21:54, Wobbly said:

Late to the party ... but i've got a Aus delivered 74 (believe it was Hamilton's delivered from memory) ... still technically registered though it's been in a workshop for about the last decade 😮

Cool, let me know if you don’t want it anymore 😎

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BRAUN911 said:

I have a oz delivered 1974 911, cockney brown, sporto.

The engine was changed to a 3.0 litre before I purchased it. Apart from the engine and new paint, rest is quite original.

5769472F-CE74-4313-8DB8-C873BA46C9E3.thumb.jpeg.db1f7f8689d4e707942c59de8a5ae0c7.jpeg

On club plates

Very nice

• 5 months later...