Headliner colour for 1976 C3 ?

Mike 66

Hi all

i am trying to work out what colour headliner to order , is there a white and ivory?

i have the old one but it just looks whiteish but is the ivory just called white?

Lakewell call it white other sites say ivory

thanks in advance

mike

t

I think it is ivory in these cars.  "White" might be a convenience description.  Some earlier ones were grey.  Lakewell are a good guide, but not perfect.  Check the US forum sites also. It is about the colour as well as the correct hole pattern.

Mike if you want the real deal - ie factory correct in terms of colour and perforation pattern then try Southbound Motors Trimmers in the UK. Their headlining is the best around - hands down. 
Many others pass theirs off as the correct Porsche pattern but that is incorrect. If it has a square pattern it is incorrect. If is has a diamond pattern it is correct. 

Werk924 are the premier company in Germany that supply Porsche fabrics. I know they lean more towards 924's but there was definitely a crossover of materials into other models. They may or may not have what you are after but it won't hurt to have a look. If you need to translate something, I just highlight the German words, copy them and paste them into Google translate .. works a charm .. 🙂

http://www.werk924.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=26