Boxster 2005 987 value

Frank

Thoughts please

I am looking at buying my 1st venture into the big P and found a cool little low K one owner Boxster. My insurance found glass guide value at $13-15k, the dealer/stealer is wanting double that which seems fine as others currently on market dictate those prices.

Any thoughts? Thank you

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Talk to an insurance company who actually knows what you're buying! 

I hear you. I just went out to tender for prices and all had the same details.

I tend to change insurance on all cars/property yearly or at least go out to tender as I find savings or bonus offers like steak knifes. lol

I was concerned at what I paid for mine, but it was below ball park of what was being asked on Carsales for older cars with higher kms. Then getting insurance I went to their max agreed value. I could not see mySelf finding a better 987 for much less and it had a factory hardtop which for me was a huge bonus. Chances are a month after buying yours you will see a better deal, but thats life. I think insurance quotes I got would only cover up to $22000. And at the time I never saw a 987 as low as that. Not a low Km, tidy one anyway. Post Covid there may be some desperate souls out there in need of cash. But a dealers going to cost a few thousand more most likely.