997 C2S Engine mounts

Dave997S

Mr Brennan advised me I’ll need new engine mounts at the next service and wondering what the brainstrust think about what I replace the OEMs with.

Driving is weekend driving only and if I did track work it’d be rare, so I’m not after track taughtness.

Should I stick with OEM or a semi-solid set up? Keen to hear about what others have done and thoughts on the differences and changes in feel etc 

10 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

OEM I would think given your intended use Dave, semi solids are reported to transfer more vibration and engine noise to the cabin.  I'd take David's recommendation...

If I did go semi solids they'd be the softest setting, my weekend driving is "spirited". Mr Brennan is fitting some new rollers soon so I'll ask what he thinks.

3 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

^^^^  as THT says  ^^^

I looked into this a few weeks ago - there is a big difference in construction between the Porsche mounts (fluid filled) and aftermarket (rubber composite).

It seems you pay a lot of $$ for just rubber block mounts....

Did you look at the rennline ones? I have seen a couple of YouTube vids and they'd be what I was thinking of getting

Check out Prekom in Slovenia.  Great prices and excellent products.  Reportedly they supply the Rennline ones, which are then marked up.  They have various shore rubber ones from OEM to much harder.  I got some for my motor and tranny on the 3.2.  Excellent quality.

56 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

I did see a brand called Function First which take an OEM mount and then add bushing in the void (?) to give the (supposed) best of both worlds. A few nice comments on forums about them too. 

Tried them in my 993 and pulled them out after one drive, added too much NVH for my liking, with zero noticeable benefit ,if you wear your baseball cap backwards you might think they are fully sick

3 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Tried them in my 993 and pulled them out after one drive, added too much NVH for my liking, with zero noticeable benefit ,if you wear your baseball cap backwards you might think they are fully sick

Thanks for the tip Steve. My caps are worn the correct way.