Watching F1 2020

OK, I don't have Foxtel, is there any other option (Streaming etc) to watch the race tonight?  Having watched the 2 seasons of the Netflix series, I've become interested in F1 again, and wouldn't mind watching.......

I’m using https://kayosports.com.au/ and watching on an Apple TV using their app (but there are plenty of other options).

$25/month and gives you all the Sky F1 shows and all parts of the race weekend. You can watch live or when it suits. Kayo is basically Fox Sports but via streaming so also has everything else, not that I watch anything else but afaik this is the only way to stream it in Australia without jumping through hoops using VPNs etc.

I was in the same boat as you btw, watching the Netflix series I’ve gotten right back into it. I watched testing and qualifying last night which I haven’t done for years prior to last season...

15 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

Plus I believe if you are a member of an AFL or NRL Club you can get a discount deal and Telstra customers get it for $10 less.

I didn’t realise you could get that discount as a Telstra customer, I’ll have to switch over. I just subscribed via iTunes by using the Apple TV App. 

13 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mmmm, can you cancel as soon as the F1 season finishes????  (V8s hold no interest for me at all)

Yep just a month-to-month subscription (the way I did it, looks like that Telstra deal is for a 12 month subscription) . I forgot to cancel it at the end of the F1 season last year, but did so when COVID happened, the re-subscribed this month for Austria. 

1 minute ago, JWM said:

I didn’t realise you could get that discount as a Telstra customer, I’ll have to switch over. I just subscribed via iTunes by using the Apple TV App. 

Yep just a month-to-month subscription. I forgot to cancel it at the end of the F1 season last year, but did so when COVID happened, the re-subscribed this month for Austria. 

Just looked at Telstra discount, looks to be only available as on consumer contracts, and 12 month minimum.  I am business customer, so no go, I think the month by month would work out cheaper if cancelling at end of F1 season

3 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just looked at Telstra discount, looks to be only available as on consumer contracts, and 12 month minimum.  I am business customer, so no go, I think the month by month would work out cheaper if cancelling at end of F1 season

Yeah I just realised the same and updated my post but must have been after you hit the quote button 😁...

I think you’re right on the maths, especially this year!

2 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Our Sammy TV is before 2017 so looks like I couldn't get their app, so would have to watch on my PC

Won't help tonight obviously, but as I hate the interface on all our TVs (Samsung and Sony's) I watch this on an Apple TV box hooked up to the TV that can download the Kayo App from the App Store.

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Won't help tonight obviously, but as I hate the interface on all our TVs (Samsung and Sony's) I watch this on an Apple TV box hooked up to the TV that can download the Kayo App from the App Store.

I have a very old apple TV that we use for Netflix on our bedroom TV, but this is the only Apple device we own, so don't have an iTunes acct, so I think we're pretty much stuck with the pre-loaded apps on that....

I might see if I can download it on my Sammy tablet and then cast to the TV, that might work....

Well, ended up casting from my S9 to the TV, worked a treat.  Interesting race, especially in last 5 or 6 laps.  I would say the result was determined by time penalties and safety car outings......  Hope that doesn't continue for the remainder of the season, such as it is.

THTas

assume you got kayo? as well as F1, make a point of watching the F3 which is on the same day as a support race. We have 2 aussies (mick doohans son and pironi from Tasmania) and a kiwi kid called Liam Lawson who won last night.

the cars are a carbon fibre dellara with halo and a 380hp n.a. V6. The racing is extremely close and some great bonsai moves. Lawson is a red bull junior and hopefully a real chance for the championship.

If you go to to the search at the top of the screen and search f3 and it is easy to find. They have 2 races per weekend, one reverse grid.

18 minutes ago, 550Spyder said:

THTas

assume you got kayo? as well as F1, make a point of watching the F3 which is on the same day as a support race. We have 2 aussies (mick doohans son and pironi from Tasmania) and a kiwi kid called Liam Lawson who won last night.

the cars are a carbon fibre dellara with halo and a 380hp n.a. V6. The racing is extremely close and some great bonsai moves. Lawson is a red bull junior and hopefully a real chance for the championship.

If you go to to the search at the top of the screen and search f3 and it is easy to find. They have 2 races per weekend, one reverse grid.

Might do that, our local TV made quite a bit about Alex Peroni's return after his prang, being a Tassie boy and all.  Yes, Kayo.

Thanks for the idea 🙂

Don't forget Aussie Oscar Piastri won in Formula Renault, and adopted Aussie (Kiwi really) Jaxon Evans Porsche Junior won the Porsche Supercup race from pole.

I watched the F1 race, and it was situation normal for all but 6 or 7 laps, and they're calling it the best race in ages? 😅  The support races are highly entertaining though 

Um, there is actually 4 Aussie boys running in F3 this year.

https://www.fiaformula3.com

"Australia’s Formula One future is looking increasingly bright after two youngsters from down under impressed on the world stage on Saturday. 

Melbourne 19-year-old Oscar Piastri, and Tasmanian 20-year-old Alex Peroni, finished first and third respectively in the Formula 3 season opener in Austria.

Peroni was the only Australian racing in an F1 feeder category last year, but now has the company of Piastri, Jack Doohan and Calan Williams."