991 Targa Advice

Been out of the market for a while. Sold my Cayman about a year ago, still got a Macan S. Last 911 I had was a 996 way back in 2002. 

Getting old & overweight, hence my interest in the Targa below. 

Any comment on $$? Seems bloody expensive, but then again I can't believe that a base 992 now is $250k +. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-4-991-auto-awd-my17/OAG-AD-18910501/?Cr=53

17 minutes ago, Oldknees said:

Been out of the market for a while. Sold my Cayman about a year ago, still got a Macan S. Last 911 I had was a 996 way back in 2002. 

Getting old & overweight, hence my interest in the Targa below. 

Any comment on $$? Seems bloody expensive, but then again I can't believe that a base 992 now is $250k +. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-4-991-auto-awd-my17/OAG-AD-18910501/?Cr=53

Not expensive compared to a current Speedster - Lovely car although Id need differnet wheels

6 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

I'm loving the manual lava orange one on Carsales. Not cheap but great looking car (if you don't mind a fairy colour).

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-4-gts-991-manual-awd-my16/SSE-AD-5338492/?Cr=67

What a gem, good taste Andy!

The orange at $300k is out of my budget & my colour tolerance.  After more of a cruiser - hence PDK. I've just come out of a manual cayman - but wife's PDK is more of a daily driver for me. 

So, $250k? - Price opinions? 

Not sure I get your exact question, is it 

A - is the car good value now vs its new price, a new one is $275k plus orc which would’ve be well over $300k, maybe more with leather and PDF options,  so $249k drive away with only 5,000km is not bad value considering it still has OPC warranty. Maybe they may throw in a few years as part of the deal.

or

B.  Is the car good value full stop. As they always say, if you even need to ask.....it’s too expensive for you.

that is a geougous car and great combo. Assume you want a targa for the open air experience with the cheese and kisses for Sunday afternoon winery drives. It is going to tick all those boxes although  a 2012-2016 Boxster S 3.4 naturally aspirated would provide 99% of those ticked boxes for $150k less.

not sure how you are travelling but that is a lot of $ pony in my world (enough to also buy a 2014 911 Carrera and have change for a double scoop vanilla ice cream each).

Thanks Spyder for the detailed response. No I was just questioning if the asking price is fair and not ‘overs’ for the car on offer.  I am not in touch with the current market - so just fishing for information from forum members who might  be better informed than myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

I note the targa sold. Did you buy it? I absolutely love my 4S Targa PDK which I paid considerably more for. And never compare to off the shelf pricing on targa models they usually put $20-40k worth of options on and they are sold full price before they’re landed. 
good luck and as for speed fixes these days a sub $80k modified Subaru or Evo or mildly modded R35 will wipe most stock Porsches. I have a $10k 200kwatt fwd Mazda familia dirt/tarmac rally car weighing 960kg that should Eat my 4S if I had the “Testicular” fortitude!