964 Targas for sale?

Hi guys,

I know that this has probably been done to death! I have been thinking of getting into an AC Porsche for a little while now. I consider myself very lucky to own a lovely 991.2 Carrera S. My old man had an old, I think probably 1976 Carrera in Canary Yellow which was what initially got me into the whole P car thing. Like many here, I have watched the values of the air cooled versions skyrocket and in particular the 964s. 

I've spent alot of time looking at the various online car websites both locally, in the UK and even the Japanese auction sites. 

I've decided that I would like to try an open top variety and the targa seems like a good compromise between a coupe (which I have) and a cabrio.

The Targas do not seem to come up as often, particularly on Carsales and the coupes on there seem to be terribly overpriced!

I am not in a hurry but am actively looking both locally as well as considering the option of importing. Doing the sums, I still think with a reasonably priced model in the UK, the price will still end up coming in below what they cost here (even with adding freight, GST, Duty, LCT). I'm not fussed about resale value of a non-oz model as I plan to keep it!

I am not after a garage queen and am happy to purchase something that needs a little work if required if the price is right.

I am just reaching out if anyone know of anything selling or may sell in the next 12 months or so.

Cheers,

Adrian

The 964 is a magnificent car and one I’m sure you’ll love I know the restrictions for bringing one in from overseas is changing but I’m not 100% sure on that one,Having owned one I would buy another in a heartbeat especially a targa good luck with the search.

1 hour ago, gronk said:

Thanks Marty! They are a beautiful shape which I think has really grown on me! I will keep looking!

Very few around and not the cheap sloppy seconds people hope ( comment not directed at you or anyone .. but on the other hand rarity desirability not always equates to big sales $

take a s1 Matra Bagheera ...