F40 crash QLD

I bought my GT40 of Steve 15 years ago, he had the F40, and about 60 other cars. He was a bit scratchy, but I got a good car from him.

Security cameras all over his property. Ironically the area he lived was called Bonogin.

He also had a real Shelby Cobra and a new Mercilago Spyder - some ocean racing boats x 3 etc etc.

He had some cash, that’s for sure.

Its a shame, was a significant car. I also remember him telling me none of his cars were insured - due to excessive cost.

Wasn’t there a similar F40 into the trees in early years of Targa Tasmania? Googled it couldn’t find it.  Back then they were nowhere near $2M worth though.  I hope this guy has a friendly insurer.

Bonogin has some very old generational money out there. All that dairy farm land is now 600M2 residential housing blocks. And also some people who want rural living but still close to amenities. But you are right.... it's an interesting name.

Yeah, I've heard this was Steve's....  the real thing.

2 hours ago, James P said:

^^^^^^^^Right on James. Some people not happy with him! Wasn't on a fast section of road either, always sad to see a nice iconic car bit the dust

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Wasn’t there a similar F40 into the trees in early years of Targa Tasmania? Googled it couldn’t find it.  Back then they were nowhere near $2M worth though.  I hope this guy has a friendly insurer.

Yep, car belonged to a Tassie local, who has a great collection of cars, including 356B, 964 Speedster, and brand new Spyder just delivered I understand.  Car was sent back to factory to be fixed, and he stills owns it (plus a number of other Fezzas too).  Lives less than 100kms from me.