Skidmarks

RS plastic tank

Hi guys,

I would appreciate a recommendation.

My 74 Carrera came with the 85 litre plastic tank but it suffered some damage - being a split at the top of the tank.

Can anyone recommend a repairer as I’d like to have it fixed and refit the tank. 

And no, it’s not for sale!

Mate I know they can plastic weld and repair splits in those large plastic water tanks ,,and also plastic tanks on Moto X bikes ,,so I don,t think that there is no reason why your fuel tank could not be saved also ...

There is no flame involved in it so no risk of explosive hazard ,,,there are a number of DIY repair kits available by JB weld , Poly tank repair and permatex ,,alternatively may be try a local Motor Bike dealer or some one who does plastic tank welding for bikes  ,I know there are places in Sydney that do this .. 

Sven, like Raven said, try someone who repairs agricultural tanks, you want an extrusion repair setup

Someone like this may be able to help, they are Horsham based, but might put you onto someone in the metro area

https://www.plasticfusion.com.au/

Dave

12 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Hi guys,

I would appreciate a recommendation.

My 74 Carrera came with the 85 litre plastic tank but it suffered some damage - being a split at the top of the tank.

Can anyone recommend a repairer as I’d like to have it fixed and refit the tank. 

And no, it’s not for sale!

I’ll buy it 

On 18/07/2020 at 15:47, Ozvino said:

Sven, like Raven said, try someone who repairs agricultural tanks, you want an extrusion repair setup

Someone like this may be able to help, they are Horsham based, but might put you onto someone in the metro area

https://www.plasticfusion.com.au/

Dave

Thanks Dave.  The tank is at Skunkwerks in Colac so that might be a great solution.  Darren at Autocoupe also gave me a tip which is great.  

3 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Thanks Dave.  The tank is at Skunkwerks in Colac so that might be a great solution.  Darren at Autocoupe also gave me a tip which is great.  

facepalm - ofcourse the car is at Skunkwerks LOL