996 3.6 Engine Rebuild

philipk

3 hours ago, philipk said:

Body parts are running late of course. Now arriving  Wed next week.

Just arrived are my 2 Recaro Sportster seats with airbags ,$2400 the pair from a seller in South Australia. At least I save money on something.

I have BBI seat mounts on the way from the States! Got to sort harness and mounts yet.

Harness bar or Half cage[maybe wrapped in alacantra}. Hopefully by end of March all done!

I've got the Sportster's in mine and love them. Used the Planted bases and Recaro sliders. Only things I noticed were that the seatblet extenders make life easier and the recliner mechanism dosen;t let the seat go all the way back.

All up the engine was approx $30k.

2 hours ago, 911CSR said:

I've got the Sportster's in mine and love them. Used the Planted bases and Recaro sliders. Only things I noticed were that the seatblet extenders make life easier and the recliner mechanism dosen;t let the seat go all the way back.

Thanks for that. As i mentioned I have the BBI bases coming in from the states.I was advised they were the way to go. 

GREAT SEATS!!

On 18/08/2021 at 09:02, philipk said:

Seats!!

Thinking about seats, Recaro pole position or Recaro Sportster CS?

I am thinking Sportster?

Have not been able to compare because of lockdown.

Thoughts anyone?

@philipk what colour/spec are your old seats and will you be selling or holding on to them?

• 1 month later...
On 15/07/2021 at 18:04, philipk said:

Excited!!My central exit exhaust arrived today.

7 days from UK. Thanks Design911.

Might have to change outlet size? 

I will measure a 997 GT3 exhaust next time I see one.

Anyone here tell me outlet exhaust diameter?

Exhaust.jpg

Interested  I your thoughts abs exhaust feedback ?

• 2 weeks later...

What would you do if you delivered a car with an exhaust system to a mechanic and then months later they said "Sorry, you never gave it to us. Buy a new one" What hapened to trust!!

Sold it to another client maybe?? Their responce "Sorry cannot find it, if we find it we will reimburse you!"First item I bought for the car.

FUCK!!

20 minutes ago, philipk said:

What would you do if you delivered a car with an exhaust system to a mechanic and then months later they said "Sorry, you never gave it to us. Buy a new one" What hapened to trust!!

Sold it to another client maybe?? Their responce "Sorry cannot find it, if we find it we will reimburse you!"First item I bought for the car.

FUCK!!

I’d be totally pissed off if that was me and I’d be giving my work to someone else that I trust 

Just now, MARTY said:

I’d be totally pissed off if that was me and I’d be giving my work to someone else that I trust 

Totally pissed off is an under statement!!! Seriously thinking about going nuclear on social media at the moment.

They did a great job on the 4.0 conversion but REALLY pissed off!!

That's really shit @philipk

No names here, but sadly it's not the first time I've heard that about Porsche (and other) shops 'misplacing' parts, then denying they were there. 

I trust noone now mate

Hope it gets sorted soon

5 minutes ago, philipk said:

Seriously thinking about putting my Social Media girl with contacts on all Porsche sites and going Thermo Nuclear on this.

VERY pissed off!

Careful. We all know about a certain member here doing that, then receiving a cease and desist letter from the company lawyers! 

I'd be hounding the shop until they cough up if it was me

1 hour ago, philipk said:

I am going to see them in the morning.My best mate has given them $500k of restoration work in the last 12 months and told me to go to them.

They better sort it it out.

Sorry to hear mate. I hope the shop does the right thing and sorts it out.