Last Rasp - Porsche Channel YouTube

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Stepo said:

Nice work Andy!

"driving without a reason to go anywhere" ..............I would think close to the heart of all on PFA but lost on the general driving community, most would think we're crazy

Yeah 100% mate! One of the best things about these cars!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice summary Andy.

I reckon you need a manual narrow body 996 or 997 to refresh the engagement and passion, still plenty of horses for the twisties and great road holding ability.

If camera gear and bikes are a must, go Macan

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

Nice summary Andy.

I reckon you need a manual narrow body 996.2 or 997 to refresh the engagement and passion, still plenty of horses for the twisties and great road holding ability.

If camera gear and bikes are a must, go Macan

Well i never ended up selling the SRT so that's got me covered for hauling stuff. Definitely like the size of the 996 or 997. For now, I'll stick with the trusty 964 and make the most of the Motec upgrade that I'm yet to fully enjoy.

• 1 month later...

True enthusiasts. Onya lads 👍

No idea why, but some of the best drives I've ever had were in the pissing rain. It's also videos like this that relight my Porsche flame and want to go for a drive, to catch up with some like minded friends I haven't seen for 6 months. Great vid @Andy73 👍

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

True enthusiasts. Onya lads 👍

No idea why, but some of the best drives I've ever had were in the pissing rain. It's also videos like this that relight my Porsche flame and want to go for a drive, to catch up with some like minded friends I haven't seen for 6 months. Great vid @Andy73 👍

Same for me Lee! I'm always desperate for the sunny weather but there's something about those wet days that's just so good.

55 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

I'm always desperate for the sunny weather but there's something about those wet days that's just so good.

Wet weather is good for testing the skills and will sometimes produce some butt clenching moments when pushing the envelope.

Also makes for great cloud cinematography Andy, enjoyable video as always, well done!

4 hours ago, Stepo said:

Wet weather is good for testing the skills and will sometimes produce some butt clenching moments when pushing the envelope.

Also makes for great cloud cinematography Andy, enjoyable video as always, well done!

It's amazing how, after three days of driving in it, you become so much more confident in the car and its grip. They're incredible things. Rain definitely gave the vid a different look which I liked but getting out of the car to capture footage was pretty miserable!

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/01/2022 at 17:25, TwoHeadsTas said:

Andy, congrats on being Lee Sibley's best Youtube channel pick in the 9Werks Radio Show 2021 year in review show 🙂

That's great! And well deserved. Always jump on your videos when I see a new one come up on YouTube Andy.

• 1 month later...
On 05/01/2022 at 17:25, TwoHeadsTas said:

Andy, congrats on being Lee Sibley's best Youtube channel pick in the 9Werks Radio Show 2021 year in review show 🙂

Thanks so much. Really a bit of a thrill being recognised by those guys. Lee's somebody I look up to a lot and he's been super kind to me.

On 06/01/2022 at 18:44, JWM said:

That's great! And well deserved. Always jump on your videos when I see a new one come up on YouTube Andy.

That's so nice to hear. Been a bit quiet of late. I've got half a vid done but bloody Covid got me so I haven't been able to finish it. next week hopefully.

35 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Hopefully you are doing okay?!

Yep, hope so too.  My Mrs was diagnosed yesterday, and I'm waiting on test results.  Pretty much a heavy cold for her, so far she's coping OK.  Only thing is her work colleague also has to quarantine too, and the only other person in their department is off on stress leave, so there's no expert breast feeding consultant at our local hospital at the moment.     Plenty of shit I can do though, but doing proper "work" while I wait to find out.....

19 hours ago, Dalai said:

Hopefully you are doing okay?!

Got knocked about for the first few days. it's two weeks as of today and I'm still not 100% but doing okay. My Mrs got it too. Worse for her as she went from isolating as a contact of mine to isolating as a Covid case - even though she largely felt fine.

18 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yep, hope so too.  My Mrs was diagnosed yesterday, and I'm waiting on test results.  Pretty much a heavy cold for her, so far she's coping OK.  Only thing is her work colleague also has to quarantine too, and the only other person in their department is off on stress leave, so there's no expert breast feeding consultant at our local hospital at the moment.     Plenty of shit I can do though, but doing proper "work" while I wait to find out.....

So sorry to hear it. Hopefully her recovery is speedy and you dodge it.

On 15/02/2022 at 14:36, Andy73 said:

Thanks so much. Really a bit of a thrill being recognised by those guys. Lee's somebody I look up to a lot and he's been super kind to me.

That's so nice to hear. Been a bit quiet of late. I've got half a vid done but bloody Covid got me so I haven't been able to finish it. next week hopefully.

Hope you're doing OK Andy! Should I be getting excited about a video on your not-so-recent Motec install? I've been waiting for one since your teaser engine shots on IG a few months back. Interested to hear your thoughts on it as it's certainly on the wish list!