Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LeeM

Buik Motorworks

Recommended Posts

 As some may know, Mark Buik has sold the business.

The sad part is that all 'round good guy Craig has left the company to pursue other employment away from Porsches (milking Camels or flower arranging or something).

 Anyway, it is a huge loss for the Porsche community in Adelaide, as he's the kind of bloke who was always helping everyone no matter who you are. I'm sure (know) I'm not the only one who will miss him, yet I wish him all the very best for the future, as I do Mark and the new owner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeeM said:

 As some my know, Mark Buik has sold the business.

The sad part is that all 'round good guy Craig has left the company to pursue other employment away from Porsches (milking Camels or flower arranging or something).

 Anyway, it is a huge loss for the Porsche community in Adelaide, as he's the kind of bloke who was always helping everyone no matter who you are. I'm sure (know) I'm not the only one who will miss him, yet I wish him all the very best for the future, as I do Mark and the new owner

I thought that was the case, I went past there for a quote on some work and brakes and they were a bit ruffled. who knows, it might work even better.

 

what is the Porsche and european place like on Magill road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is sad. Craig was one of nicest blokes you could meet.

What's the new owner like Lee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see lots of great comments about Buick Motorworks and hope that their good reputation can continue.  Does anybody have any experience with RSR Sports Cars (Mark Poole)?  Do they have the same level of satisfied customers?

If not is the Porsche Centre Adelaide any good for older (997) cars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a shame hopefully it maintains the reputation that even specialists here in Sydney I talked to noted.

I better ask for copies of all the old paperwork on my car I’m told was kept there (before they computerised things) before it’s put in the bin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New owner is the previous owner of Porsche Centre Adelaide Buik is just working on race cars as I understand  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AD911S said:

New owner is the previous owner of Porsche Centre Adelaide Buik is just working on race cars as I understand  

Correct. I believe Mark is working in the side street at another warehouse and calling the business Buik Motorsport. With the amount of race car preparation and running a team, I'm sure theyll be busy

4 hours ago, 3legs said:

That is sad. Craig was one of nicest blokes you could meet.

What's the new owner like Lee?

No idea mate

And yes, Craig is a helluva bloke

5 hours ago, Frank said:

 

what is the Porsche and european place like on Magill road?

 I've never dealt with them mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my annual service at Buiks on Tuesday.

The place was pumping with cars. Sad to see Craig and Mark go but I had a pleasant experience.

Had a very good chat with Neil (new front of house guy) about all things cars and Porsche.

The hourly rate may have gone up (if so not by much) but the guys are honest and upfront. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

 

.Sad to see Craig and Mark go but I had a pleasant experience.

Had a very good chat with Neil (new front of house guy) about all things cars and Porsche.

 

 

+ 1 from me.  Was a bit worried at first, but must admit that I'd almost go so far as to say that it was more professional than before.  Neil was very helpful, honest and up-front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I had some work done on my 928 recently by them and very professional and quick and the price was not as bad as I expected.

All the guys were friendly and I agree with Rick, seem to be a little more professional not that there was anything wrong with the old guys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good, glad theres some positive expereinces here. These are the folks doing my PPI on the 996 Cab tomorrow!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 August 2020 at 14:49, mrm said:

I see lots of great comments about Buick Motorworks and hope that their good reputation can continue.  Does anybody have any experience with RSR Sports Cars (Mark Poole)?  Do they have the same level of satisfied customers?

If not is the Porsche Centre Adelaide any good for older (997) cars?

Late response, however I have used Mark Poole for a few years and was always very happy with the work.  He knows his stuff.

I use Buik mostly now, only because they are walking distance to and from home when I need work done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhilH said:

 

I use Buik mostly now, only because they are walking distance to and from home when I need work done.

 Thats a long walk Phil 😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13 December 2020 at 22:49, LeeM said:

 Thats a long walk Phil 😯

Only 45min!  Gentle stroll through the parklands😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my 986S in for its annual service at Buik's last week and prior to that had a voltage regulator replaced.

They gave appropriate realistic advice about expected upcoming maintenance.

I also had a problem diagnosed on my Golf GTI.

All good so far. I think it is on a par with the previous owners and would recommend them. And they are a 5 minute walk from work!!

RSR, don't get me started about my experience. I'm sure others have had good service, but I wont go back.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...