The Porsche Carrera GT is fine. Until it’s not

I like your thinking Patrick ,,,I am going to hold out on my final judgement on the 980 also ,,at least until I drive one ...:Jumping:

All ways divided opinions on that car some say its brilliant ,yet others say its going to Kill you before your time is due ...???

I know Harry Metcalfe  gives it high praise ..

On 14/08/2020 at 14:33, Raven said:

All ways divided opinions on that car some say its brilliant ,yet others say its going to Kill you before your time is due ...???

And some say that about every 911 will kill you with snap oversteer. Maybe it's the owners of these GT's just can't drive 

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

And some say that about every 911 will kill you with snap oversteer. Maybe it's the owners of these GT's just can't drive 

I would have to agree Lee ,,just by the nature and design of the Carrera GT it will obviously require some talent to drive the car to its Maximum potential ..

But Certainly none of us and the many owners of these cars would never need to on a public road ,,Harry Metcalfe seems to be able to drive the car very fast and enjoy himself without crashing it on a wet bumpy English country road ,,Harry is not a race driver and a certain degree of common sense must apply with a car of the Carrera GT performance level   ,,,I think some of the myths about the Carrera GT have been exaggerated in the press over the years by those who pushed the car past their own driving ability and Ultimately paid the price ,..eg the tragic death of Paul walker and Roger Rodas ..

Randy Pobst's feedback re Carerra GT:

Pobst says driving an exotic like the Carrera GT for an experienced driver offers a thrill few vehicles can match.

"I love the power. 612 horsepower, and the higher you rev the engine, the stronger it pulls. It's a great feeling. You feel it right in the chest pushing you back."

But the car isn't forgiving of mistakes. Lacking a feature common on many conventional cars today, electronic stability control.

"Stability control is really good at correcting slides and keeping the car from getting out of shape."

Everyone I spoke to who drives or works on the car told me pretty much the same thing. In the right hands, it's a great car.

"But a car like the Carrera GT needs to be driven with great respect because it has so much power and capability."