Ford v Ferrari movie

It's not on any streaming service in Australia except the Foxtel one AFAIK.  I've had a look at it and 4/10 is being generous!

Don't get me started on the Brabham "documentary" currently on Stan.  This is an absolute shocker seemingly put together by someone proficient on Tik Tok because it's 90 minutes of 10 second grabs that are mostly unrelated.  Really terrible in execution and editing and you have to fight the urge to turn it off after 30 minutes. Having read and owning copies of "The Jack Brabham Story"  and "Brabham-Ralt-Honda The Ron Tauranac Story" it is a real opportunity missed and gives no insights whatsoever.  2/10 for that one. 

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Thanks David/Margaret, ..... just don't tell me the ending.... I don't want you to spoil it for me!!

Stay off the internet with any 'Ford v Ferrari reviews/comments 😉

51 minutes ago, Big Dav said:

It's not on any streaming service in Australia except the Foxtel one AFAIK.  I've had a look at it and 4/10 is being generous!

Don't get me started on the Brabham "documentary" currently on Stan.  This is an absolute shocker seemingly put together by someone proficient on TikTok...

That's most car doco's nowadays isn't it?

Same as YouTube with these halfwits who think they're going to be a famous car tester, when all they've done is borrowed someones car to thrash to give their 'experienced' view in why you should/shouldn't buy one. Don't get me started on bloody podcasts! 😡

(Sorry, bored out of my mind and just having a sook)

3 hours ago, Rob H said:

I went and saw it with a friend who is not into cars. It was his suggestion and he loved it including the "racing" scenes.

Typical Hollywood crap. It could have been so good.

Had the same thing from a non-car mate. He reckoned it was a great movie but I said it was historically inaccurate and another Hollywood take on an American hero story.  

27 minutes ago, Raven said:

Well I enjoyed it ,seen a lot worse ...

S'pose I just believed the advertising hype like I did with 'Le Mans' which was also horrific.

At least that had Porsches in it though 😁

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

S'pose I just believed the advertising hype like I did with 'Le Mans' which was also horrific.

At least that had Porsches in it though 😁

I just take films for what they are light entertainment and something that allows me to switch off and relax for an hour or two and take my mind of things ...

1 hour ago, 9er said:

How is it that as an Englishman Christian Bales' acting roles where he speaks with an American accent are more convincing?

I'm usually a fan of Bale's acting, but not this time. That was a big part of why I was disappointed with it, as he seemed to be overacting. He's got a pretty strong London accent too hasn't he?

I only found out he's a pom when I saw an interview with him last year. Same as Mulder from X Files. I was gobsmacked at her accent on Top Gear 

49 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

He went beyond prepping for his role in the Machinist 

Actors-losing-weight_Christian-Bale-in-The-Machinist.jpg

He reduced to 42 kegs I think and then went on to Batman as a mass of muscle straight after. If you like your movies raw and real on the disturbing side it's one of the best, riveting. Top performance.