White Smoke

Gnrnr

16 hours ago, PeterH said:

Just had the air oil separator replaced on my 2006 Cayman S. 38,700km cost $1,100 at Porsche dealer. 

From my understanding this job is very different between the rear-engined and mid-engined cars.  In the latter it is very easy to access under the engine cover and is quite a simple job.  Hard to see a grand's labour in it, even at $200+/hr dealer rate.

Northside Euros in Mitchell seem to be the preferred place to go in cbr these days.

50 minutes ago, st3ve said:

From my understanding this job is very different between the rear-engined and mid-engined cars.  In the latter it is very easy to access under the engine cover and is quite a simple job.  Hard to see a grand's labour in it, even at $200+/hr dealer rate.

Northside Euros in Mitchell seem to be the preferred place to go in cbr these days.

I agree st3ve, ......, PeterH, might be worth trying to get a quote from another Porsche Centre even interstate.   Then if a big difference get back to your dealer and ask the question.   Might mean they look after you better next time you go there.   Obviously an Independent is going to be cheaper, that's why I suggest another P dealer.

• 1 month later...

Just a followup again.  I've done about 3,000km since the service and the car doesn't seem to have used any oil with respect to the gauge.  Prior to gettng the AOS replaced it was using a little bit and ended up using about 500ml of oil over ~2,000km of driving.  Just love this car to bits.  It drives so good.

3 minutes ago, Gnrnr said:

Just a followup again.  I've done about 3,000km since the service and the car doesn't seem to have used any oil with respect to the gauge.  Prior to gettng the AOS replaced it was using a little bit and ended up using about 500ml of oil over ~2,000km of driving.  Just love this car to bits.  It drives so good.

just back from a run-on a beautiful day, the roads were good, traffic very very light.   Just being able to drive out of the metro area, was fantastic.   First drive really since March.    

And the BBC went like a PAN AM 747 (with thanks to Allan Moffatt).  Windows down, listening to that Flat 6 through the hills.. :wub:   

But I can only agree 100 piss ant with you Gnrnr, these cars take some beating.   :CoolDance:

Living regional I have been able to do a bit of driving and actually have been down into Melbourne a couple of times over the last month or so.  Runs up through the black spur are just awesome.  Weather today is phenomonal.  Went into town and got some lunch.  Washed the car as it got covered in mud from roadworks north of Yarck, but it will be all dusty again already :D.  Only drove it home....