Adelaide Rally 2020

Rick V

Great 3 days with a great crew , the group sorted itself out by the first mid-morning stop with all the GT cars and punters in the first bunch and the cruisers, show ponies and chicks in the second bunch.

Although it was the main tour and speed is restricted to 80k's or 100k's on the roads above 80, I'm pretty sure it was a bit of a free-for-all on most sections.

Didn't take many pics but I sure there will be  plenty filtering through on social media over the next week or so.

It really is  special that you can have a belt on closed roads, especially roads that I spent my wasted youth belting bikes around.

What's your take on it @Cam Arnott ?

20211126_151134.jpg

We got stitched up a little on the final day…. Day 2 the car we were match racing the win for got 2 penalties for speed zone infringements and going into day 3 we had 1 min 32 sec lead so we looked after the car and we were in that manage the gap don’t go to hard mode…. So all of day 3 we took it safe and easy.

Day 4 just before we took the start at 11am of the first stage we found out they had appealed the penalties and got the time back…. We had 28 sec lead….

However they took green tyres, on day 4! As MA changed the rules in September after the targa inquest “ you can have 12 tyres but we suggest 4 are wets “ this was a change from 6 tyres total allowed, which we were driving to…. 

We tried so bloody hard! We led day 1 2 3 and 4 till the second to last stage but we ran out of rubber and I was tapped out.

Lucy was so good for the whole week! Just so calm it was incredible…. We gave it everything 

Learned a lot, with hindsight, we should have had tyres but nobody has ever done that before and it just changed the game sadly 

with the 130 limit we were still 5th fastest outright - not bad for a little NA RWD Mezger

7 hours ago, spiller said:

Great effort Ben and bad luck not to take the win. I’m gobsmacked that people are changing to fresh rubber part way through an event like this. Surely it’s not common place to do so? 

I’ve never seen it done before, and I doubt we would have seen them do it if it was still the 1:32 gap

We really tapped out with tyres on day 4, but everyone else was in the same boat, you can see how the race changed day 1 2 3 to then we all got smoked on day 4

I never really thought two sets was a thing! It is a huge advantage, but MA have now made it a tyre arms race, and we will have to join next year

They had a support crew with 3 sets of fresh rubber on the roof of the 4WD 🤷🏾

$5000 to them 🙏

21 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

I never really thought two sets was a thing! It is a huge advantage, but MA have now made it a tyre arms race, and we will have to join next year

They had a support crew with 3 sets of rubber on the roof of the 4wd 

Sadly, it's the norm with motorsport at all levels nowadays mate. Even club level Karting has got ridiculous with what some people are spending

On 30/11/2021 at 10:13, Shedpest said:

Great 3 days with a great crew , the group sorted itself out by the first mid-morning stop with all the GT cars and punters in the first bunch and the cruisers, show ponies and chicks in the second bunch.

Although it was the main tour and speed is restricted to 80k's or 100k's on the roads above 80, I'm pretty sure it was a bit of a free-for-all on most sections.

Didn't take many pics but I sure there will be  plenty filtering through on social media over the next week or so.

It really is  special that you can have a belt on closed roads, especially roads that I spent my wasted youth belting bikes around.

I think Farking good fun covers it prettty well! As you said, once everyone sorted out the pecking order it worked really well, and those of us at the pointy end weren't really dawdling through the stages 😎 To try to limit the group to 80kmh or 100 where signposted is a bit of a uphill task though and not really practical.

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Paid for by the prize money 😞

yeah spend 3k to win 5k odd....

On 30/11/2021 at 10:43, Shedpest said:

20211126_151134.jpg

I had my "chick" I think she might scare a few of you "blokes" :P