CTEK bargain at Repco for Fathers Day

Lucky Phil

I bought mine from Repco for $118 and like you I thought a great buy.  This is so cheap I may buy another one.  I think it may have an extra battery too (as a bonus extra) that you can use to charge your phone.  If so I may grab it for use on the golf course with my mobile as the club now insists we use MiScore and it chews up battery life (when we can play again that is)

For those of you that are interested in my saga with my new Ctek charger,  here goes ...

So I took my "bargain buy" back to Repco to swap it for this pack. The manager was hesitant to take it back as by her reasoning,  I got it for a bargain price so the fact that it has been reduced even further is just bad luck. I even got a grocery example of buying groceries and the unit price going down the next day ... 🤯 yeah .. ok? .. didn't have the heart to argue that if I bought coffee 3 days ago and then it was 1/2 price, you can bet your life that I'd take it back! ...

Anyhoo .. she reluctantly agreed even though they have a 30 day return policy ... even for change of mind 😅

So ... for $30 less than I paid I got the charger, a rubber non slip cover, an indicator attachment with eyelets (see photo) and a portable USB phone charger ... a worthwhile exchange I'd say.

The photo shows the eyelet attached to the battery and coming out the side of the battery cover ... all nice and neat! .. 😀

Screenshot_20200826-175926_Gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

What is the phone charger like?  Is it a battery storage unit that you charge and then use later if needed eg on a golf course

That's exactly it ... it's a power bank with a 5000mah battery.

It should give your iPhone/Android 2 - 2.5 charges if it is fully charged.

7 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Just ordered another one too good a deal to pass up.

It seriously is a good deal .. forget all the extras for a minute, the charger itself is a bargain for $99.

I'm thinking of getting another one for my other car, even though I don't need it. It comes with the permanent mount to the battery which ive used on the 996, as well as quick connect clamps so easy enough to use on 2 cars .   

25 minutes ago, luzzo said:

@Raven the special price (as per link) is $99.  How is it your local Repco is $69..?

CTEK charger for $69 also onsale $33 saving off normal price ...basic unit but still priced very well ..

https://www.repco.com.au/en/globes-batteries-electrical/battery-chargers-power-accessories/battery-chargers/c/1862917995

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

CTEK charger for $69 also onsale $33 saving off normal price ...basic unit but still priced very well ..

https://www.repco.com.au/en/globes-batteries-electrical/battery-chargers-power-accessories/battery-chargers/c/1862917995

That’s for the .08 amp unit ... probably ony good for small batteries in bikes and ride on mowers .. the one we are all talking about is the 5.0 amp. The RRP at Repco is $204. It is possible to get it on Kogan for $129. The kit this one comes in is huge value at $99 with all the extras it comes with ... 😁

55 minutes ago, Raven said:

OK, I see - it's the smaller amp unit. 

47 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

That’s for the .08 amp unit ... probably ony good for small batteries in bikes and ride on mowers 

I have an XS 0.8 amp for one of my bikes, but it's 'just ok' - I've been only buying the 5amp now.

On 26/08/2020 at 18:00, Dreamr said:

For those of you that are interested in my saga with my new Ctek charger,  here goes ...

So I took my "bargain buy" back to Repco to swap it for this pack. The manager was hesitant to take it back as by her reasoning,  I got it for a bargain price so the fact that it has been reduced even further is just bad luck. I even got a grocery example of buying groceries and the unit price going down the next day ... 🤯 yeah .. ok? .. didn't have the heart to argue that if I bought coffee 3 days ago and then it was 1/2 price, you can bet your life that I'd take it back! ...

Anyhoo .. she reluctantly agreed even though they have a 30 day return policy ... even for change of mind 😅

So ... for $30 less than I paid I got the charger, a rubber non slip cover, an indicator attachment with eyelets (see photo) and a portable USB phone charger ... a worthwhile exchange I'd say.

The photo shows the eyelet attached to the battery and coming out the side of the battery cover ... all nice and neat! .. 😀

It people like you what make retail impossible! 😜

On 26/08/2020 at 12:28, Dreamr said:

That is a bargain! ...

I just bought one from Repco 4 days ago and got them to price match Kogan who sell them for $129 .. I thought I was the ducks nuts! ..

Oh well ... back it goes only to re-buy this pack! ...

Two bites of the cherry.

34 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Thanks for the heads up @Lucky Phil. I ordered one a couple of nights ago and was delivered today.

Been sharing the one between cars till now... At that price even without all the accessories was a great deal!

Yep exactly what I was doing too.  Every second Thursday I placed the the two garaged cars on charge.  I can now leave these two on charge full time.  My new one arrived this morning as well.   Was too good a deal not to share with the group.  I hope a lot of PFA members have benefited 

18 minutes ago, James P said:

I could do with a Ctek but no stock in Melbourne & no online order??

Try setting your store to one in Canberra as they have the $99 deal available for postage ($10 extra for post); as the website seems to allow postage for stores there.  It may allow for postage to Melbourne.

9 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

Try setting your store to one in Canberra as they have the $99 deal available for postage ($10 extra for post); as the website seems to allow postage for stores there.  It may allow for postage to Melbourne.

Looks like it worked... thanks 

On 28/08/2020 at 19:24, Lucky Phil said:

Yep exactly what I was doing too.  Every second Thursday I placed the the two garaged cars on charge.  I can now leave these two on charge full time.  My new one arrived this morning as well.   Was too good a deal not to share with the group.  I hope a lot of PFA members have benefited 

Thank you, managed to take advantage of the sale.  Didn’t need another C-Tek, but detailing and washing supplies have been nicely supplemented. 👍

33 minutes ago, KGB said:

Thank you, managed to take advantage of the sale.  Didn’t need another C-Tek, but detailing and washing supplies have been nicely supplemented. 👍

Yep, I did too.  And then sold my old Arlec one on FB for double what it cost me 17 years ago 😁