Rego issues 🙄🙄🙄. Loan of std 996 Wheels

michel

REGO woes

Pinged on overall diam of front tyres - 19 inch on front 

Not wanting too buy another tyre and or wheel combo for rego 

so anyone In the ACT region assist with a loan of wheel/tyres for a cpl hours whilst I do rego ?

cheers 

Michel , not very wise to put that on a public forum , I pity the poor sod who will do the rego that you are trying to fool because if you get pinged again ( possible ) , the poor sod who did the rego will risk having his world crashed down on him and he will not know why , I have been doing regos in NSW since 1981 & I take this very seriously because of the ramifications that the RTA will do   

5 minutes ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

Michel , not very wise to put that on a public forum , I pity the poor sod who will do the rego that you are trying to fool because if you get pinged again ( possible ) , the poor sod who did the rego will risk having his world crashed down on him and he will not know why , I have been doing regos in NSW since 1981 & I take this very seriously because of the ramifications that the RTA will do   

If your worried about repercussions why not take pictures of the car as presented to cover yourself? How are you Or anybody being fooled as you can only evaluate the car as presented and what happens to it after that is out of your control. 

Yep just had a car RWC’d.  Wouldn’t pass because wheels had spacers to clear the calipers.  Borrowed different wheels, the RWC Tester passed it, photographed the whole car as required.  We changed the wheels back at the workshop next door and drove off with the RWC.  Our risk not his.

24 minutes ago, DJM said:

Wouldn’t pass because wheels had spacers to clear the calipers.

This is interesting, are they rejecting all cars with spacers? Even ones that had them from factory? My 991.1 had factory spacers on it. When I sold my Holden Redline a couple of months back they rejected the car because of the supercharger I had installed. Lucky for me I had it engineered and compliance plate was on the car that the RWC tester ignored during the initial check. RWC testers dont pull punches its their livelihood. 

6 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

This is interesting, are they rejecting all cars with spacers? Even ones that had them from factory?

Factory fitted are acceptable (as they would have already passed ADR in the first place). 

Of course, you could have to provide proof that they are factory fitted. So verification from a dealer, or a Porsche Build Data sheet. 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Factory fitted are acceptable (as they would have already passed ADR in the first place). 

Of course, you could have to provide proof that they are factory fitted. So verification from a dealer, or a Porsche Build Data sheet. 

One of the first things the inspector checked here in SA on my SC was whether it had wheel spacers, as he knew 930 Turbo's have them. They all should/would be clued up with regards to which car has spacers factory fitted.

Got a local LaD to loan wheels and a hoist .. now to strip the window tint or find an alternate measuring tool, to ensure the testers tool is calibrated .. 

otherwise any recommendations for a good window tint shop in the ACT REGION or Sydney appreciated as will have tint put back on  

Met up with @st3ve today and did a wheel swap. Lovely fella whose got a great hoist !!!

F28EB6F9_1984_48F9_9D60_08456B026408_IMG

.. klaus aka Betty is looking sweet if a little gawky in a set of std 18’s 

Strip door tint in morning and rego resolved before midday ..  in time for the wee Jasper run ?

Nice to meet you Michel, a really nice and interestingly modded 996 you've got there.

It's amusing to see how small 18's can look on a car now days.  "When oi were a lad" and terrorising the ACT in my RX4 Simmons 15's were the absolute dream wheel.  They would look hilariously tiny on a 996!

I actually like 18's on the cars.  My 996TT has 19s but 18's would be fine.  The ride is better and the grip also. I have a dislike of large rims with the tyres almost painted on.  They ride like boards. Now Michel, which company  is your insurer? Sounds like they are obliging.

3 hours ago, Merv said:

I actually like 18's on the cars.  My 996TT has 19s but 18's would be fine.  The ride is better and the grip also. I have a dislike of large rims with the tyres almost painted on.  They ride like boards. Now Michel, which company  is your insurer? Sounds like they are obliging.

A200485E_D24C_49BB_B72F_EC7323DA2B88_Ful

shannons ...