944s Aircond compressor 94412600800

911B

Hi folks, I need to replace my aircond compressor on my 944S, seems the denso brand is available in us and uk, for similar pricing, just seems so many different companies sell them, does anyone recommend who is most reputable before I send a slab of $ os? 
cheers 

George 

There is a guy in Melbourne that does them, i can't remember who though sorry, i had one done by him a few years ago for my 944.

Unfortunately the 10P15E unit used in the 944's is a use it or lose it type of thing,  Every 944 i had ended up in failure.

George,

Why do you think you need to replace the compressor?

Assuming it hasn’t seized due to lack of oil and the only problem is a leaking front seal, they are pretty straight forward to put a new seals kit through.  I’ve just done one.  About $30 for the seals and $45 for a can ND 8 oil, all readily available off eBay.

There are few good DIY videos on YouTube to help too.

On 05/09/2020 at 16:10, Peter M said:

George,

Assuming it hasn’t seized due to lack of oil and the only problem is a leaking front seal, they are pretty straight forward to put a new seals kit through.  I’ve just done one.  About $30 for the seals and $45 for a can ND 8 oil, all readily available off eBay.

Because the support bracket is broken and risks my belts coming off mate, there’s a guy in Sydney that can supply a new denso for about $1100, saves shipping from us for not much less. Cheers guys 

Jezus!  How do you break the mounts on a Denso compressor!!!!  I wouldn't have thought that to be impossible.

Like to see a photo if you have one handy.

If you haven't the time or interest to bugger around I guess $1100 is the cost. 

However these compressors were used on many cars with often only the front pulley and the manifold specific to the application.  These two things can be easily swapped over.

Anyway, whatever the solution you choose, good luck!

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

Jezus!  How do you break the mounts on a Denso compressor!!!!  I would have thought that to be impossible.

Like to see a photo if you have one handy.

If you haven't the time or interest to bugger around I guess $1100 is the cost. 

However these compressors were used on many cars with often only the front pulley and the manifold specific to the application.  These two things can be easily swapped over.

Anyway, whatever the solution you choose, good luck!

I’ll get my mechanic to take a pick when he pulls it out for me. Cheers 

• 1 month later...
On 05/09/2020 at 16:10, Peter M said:

George,

I have my old one here after replacing mine due to leaks, may have to get a kit to run through it to keep as a spare. Got my new one via Autohaus