Can you get a hardtop for a 718 Boxter

Bunty

Can you get a hardtop for a 718 Boxter.
I live in the ACT so our cold winters are not great for convertibles.
A Hardtop for those cold winter months would make it much more pleasant and liveable.
I am not fond of the Cayman styling, but love the Boxter.

You could definitely get them for 986 & 987 models, but have not seen any advertised for 981 & 718 models.

3 hours ago, Bunty said:

Can you get a hardtop for a 718 Boxter.
I live in the ACT so our cold winters are not great for convertibles.
A Hardtop for those cold winter months would make it much more pleasant and liveable.
I am not fond of the Cayman styling, but love the Boxter.

You could definitely get them for 986 & 987 models, but have not seen any advertised for 981 & 718 models.

Bunty, firstly welcome!!! 

We live in Tassie, so similar temperatures.  The roof in the 987 my wife used as a daily drive for 4 years was very well insulated, and we didn't even consider looking for a hardtop (that car succeeded a 2000 MX5 for which we DID have a hardtop).  Our current 981 Boxster has an even better roof, presumably same as on the 718, and we haven't ever been concerned about feeling cold.  Great to have the flexibility to still put the roof down on those occasional gloriously clear and sunny winter days, when all you need to do is turn the heater up a notch and make sure the seat heaters are turned on......... 

And to answer your question, I've no idea whether a hard top is an option for a 718.  Can't say I ever saw one for the 981, but they definitely were available for 986/987

Thanks all.
I thought that may be the case once the Cayman arrived.
I don't think it will put me off, but it would have been nice to consider.
Canberra can get even colder than Tassie.  Down to -9 on a bad day.
Doesn't normally get that low usually -3 the coldest we got this year I think.

hey Bunty, seat heaters and the steering wheel heating go a long way, enough to boil your arse off and make the steering wheel almost too hot to touch.

One a winter morning, roof down, a decent beany, all the warmers on, and hit the sport (bogan)button, life is good.

Use the wind deflector insert if you really want to keep your ears warm.

Loved our Boxster (986).

Love my wife. An amazing girl.  But, she is one of those girls who runs cold. Definitely Cold blooded. Even in summer it's just never hot enough.

Every winter, she would be in the Boxster first thing in the morning. Beanie, & Scarf on, roof down and heater blasting, driving along the Great Ocean Road. Heading to Lorne for a morning coffee in winter would be a favourite thing.

I figure if she was happy roof down, you should have no problems roof up @Bunty