First water cooled.

tomo

Well have spent a few hours going over the 996 And I am happy to say it has had some good lovin,Car is smick, And bloody quick, I can not bang gears though that fast, And the car has all the bells and whistles of a new car .Happy as a porker in the paddock.:)

Well its been a couple days of ownership and had the chance to put a few hours into driving the 996,  It now has 55700 Ks on the clock , And all I can Say is what a pleausure to drive, Hit some back tracks to give the tipy a work out and when you get the hang of it you can slip through the twistys pretty bloody quick,(to quick me thinks) and no sore left leg,  Had one thing go Kaput the engine lid gas strutt , but one is being sent on warrinty so no bother . : )   

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Well its been a couple days of ownership and had the chance to put a few hours into driving the 996,  It now has 55700 Ks on the clock , And all I can Say is what a pleausure to drive, Hit some back tracks to give the tipy a work out and when you get the hang of it you can slip through the twistys pretty bloody quick,(to quick me thinks) and no sore left leg,  Had one thing go Kaput the engine lid gas strutt , but one is being sent on warrinty so no bother . : )   

agree mate, once you get the hang of the tipper they are ok.   

20 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Great stuff, congrats @tomo 👍

Now to learn left foot braking 👍😁

Great tip, for Tomo, love the Left foot braking.    Having said that, I do LFB on both my MAZDA SUV's on the CX5 and engine management light popped up.   Took it back to Mazda, they stuck their gizmo on and were stumped.... then eventually asked.."do you LFB?  When I said I did, they explained the computer gets a bit confused when accelerator and brake function at the same time.     Anyway the re set it and it hasn't happened again since. 

Someone else told me that happened to them in a Mazda or Toyota @Niko Bloody computers 🙄

I 'LFB' in anything auto, and when I drove that first 996 tip it freaked the owner out a bit when he noticed...or it was me driving it a lot faster than he'd ever driven the thing. Maybe I shoulda slowed down...naaaah 😁

I've tried it in my old manual coupla times but can't get the hang of it.

49 minutes ago, LeeM said:

You aren't alone. I spent so much time trying to transition this skill from karting but I couldn't make it faster than right foot braking.

Congrats on the 996 @tomo , need some pics!

7 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yep,  Been havin a Crack at the LFB, Have nearly put the Missus through the window (more practice needed)  😎 

haha yes that is a drawback too, just when you master your car that you normally drive, you hop in another and whammo brakes are a lot touchier.   Pressure adjustment for each car required.   I have pushed my missus into the dashboard a few times, jumping from the Old Boxster and into the CX7.:LOL:

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Someone else told me that happened to them in a Mazda or Toyota @Niko Bloody computers 🙄

I 'LFB' in anything auto, and when I drove that first 996 tip it freaked the owner out a bit when he noticed...or it was me driving it a lot faster than he'd ever driven the thing. Maybe I shoulda slowed down...naaaah 😁

Three pedals confuse an old bloke enough without trying to LFB with them....I'm a 2 Two pedal pony only

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Yep,  Been havin a Crack at the LFB, Have nearly put the Missus through the window (more practice needed)  😎 

😂😂😂 

1 hour ago, Niko said:

I have pushed my missus into the dashboard a few times, jumping from the Old Boxster and into the CX7.:LOL:

Err...what are we talking about here? 🤔

57 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Looks in great condition @tomo.

The best way to really get to 'know' your car is by hand washing it. 

Has a great stance. It looks like it is lowered. Sitting nice and tight over the wheels, I like that. 

Yeah nothing flash some H&R springs , A set of Billys when the pigy bank builds back up :)