tomo

First water cooled.

The 996.2 seems to be happy in its new lodgeings, The exhaust needs looking at as it sounds like a muffled fart , Till 5000 RPM, And the drivers seat seems to lack support after a couple of hours behind the wheel, So will  investergate seat options, Fitted a new engine cover strut  (warinty ) To be honest it has surprised me how bloody quick and capable the car is cruise control might be a licence saver : )

4 minutes ago, tomo said:

The 996.2 seems to be happy in its new lodgeings, The exhaust needs looking at as it sounds like a muffled fart , Till 5000 RPM, And the drivers seat seems to lack support after a couple of hours behind the wheel, So will  investergate seat options, Fitted a new engine cover strut  (warinty ) To be honest it has surprised me how bloody quick and capable the car is cruise control might be a licence saver : )

Two words Tomo - Fister or Gundo.  Be careful Googling "Fister"........

I happen to have a pair of 996 mufflers ready for the hack if you want to keep your originals intact for 'ron.....

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I happen to have a pair of 996 mufflers ready for the hack if you want to keep your originals intact for 'ron.....

The Hack Joby certainly gives the car a decent snarl .

12 minutes ago, tomo said:

The Hack Joby certainly gives the car a decent snarl .

Highly recommend it.

33 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Tomo, I had a FISTER on the Boxster.   Sensational.    Theo (Tman has one on his car at present) he is great to deal with and does a fantastic job.   I can send you details if you want to contact him.   You may have to pay a deposit for the old unit, because he does it on an exchange type set up.   But still is not a real expensive item.   Thoroughly recommend his product and his workmanship.   Tman's is a stage three and it is bloody awesome.   The Boxster one didn't come in stages but I coupled it with the tipper, and when you go manual buttons, it takes away that awful auto gear change type noise if you know what I mean.

Yeah Mate i hear you, I was thinking muffler delete, But after a bit of loooking around i think the muffler mod is the go for the first sound check , Bit old in the tooth for anything to roudy 😎 

Local exhaust joint can easily do yours and get rid of the sewing machine sound --> 

31 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Local exhaust joint can easily do yours and get rid of the sewing machine sound --> 

Yeah P-kay It just so happens an old work Mate owns the local exhaust  joint so all good : )

10 minutes ago, tomo said:

old work Mate owns the local exhaust  joint

Winning! ;) 

Definitley a cheaper alternative to aftermarket performance cans that I ended up doing to my ex 996

Enjoy :)