First water cooled.

tomo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, Just got home, Had the yearly service, New rubber for the rear Michelin 295/30ZR18 98Y Pilot Sport 4S(xl) Put about 300 k on them since fitting ,So far impressed  with the lack of road noise, Seem to have plenty of grip , Not to impressed with the price Ouch!! ;)

• 5 weeks later...

This is a pic from the local Marina, I was trying  to catch the Bloke's and their big Kites they sit in and fly around so if  you zoom the pic hopefully  you should be able to see them on the left . Yep their there but only just.20220122_135128.thumb.jpg.69cf1274f26baf97ee1ee389b366a6c8.jpg

2 hours ago, tomo said:

This is a pic from the local Marina, I was trying  to catch the Bloke's and their big Kites they sit in and fly around so if  you zoom the pic hopefully  you should be able to see them on the left . Yep their there but only just.20220122_135128.thumb.jpg.69cf1274f26baf97ee1ee389b366a6c8.jpg

I can see your car, 🤷‍♂️

Back on the road again, Just got to Kingston, To find the bush fires in the area have cut off the power to the town, But all is not lost our digs have a Geni so A/C works :) Good 3 hrs on the road, with some good roads and no traffic, A Good start to Australia day . A Pic of the 6.2 at rest after a bit of a caining a good thrashing. (And parked well again @LeeM) 😉 Power is back on Pubs are open 👍

20220126_140814.jpg

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2022 at 14:39, tomo said:

It's not as bad as it looks both parks are mine.:)

Still bad, should of parked diagonally covering both spaces more if  that was the case  But most importantly, your shy of the gutter,  but may have had circa  10mm clearance if you over stepped that boundary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2021 at 05:49, tomo said:

Performance 9  in the UK

Would you mind posting further links to your paddle shift steering wheel. "Part of UK, Phone or email. Business contacts". Google fails me. I'm Tiptronic 996 due to age, arthritis and the need foe my non manual driving wife to use and enjoy it. I would like the engine revving in a better range than mindlessly changing up, at sub 2000rpm.Maybe I will learn the switches, but the paddles seem better.

The bloke in the UK is hard to get hold of, These guys on ebay make them as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/304325463031

As far as the tip's gear buttons go there's not much to learn , Wack the gear stick into M use the + to go up a gear or - To go back a gear,  2nd and 3rd gear is really all you need  too master for city driving, good luck.

On 07/02/2022 at 07:21, tomo said:

The bloke in the UK is hard to get hold of, These guys on ebay make them as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/304325463031

As far as the tip's gear buttons go there's not much to learn , Wack the gear stick into M use the + to go up a gear or - To go back a gear,  2nd and 3rd gear is really all you need  too master for city driving, good luck.

Thanks, I've placed the EBay link you gave me on watch. I will see if I can learn Tiptronic, or leave in D. As I have paddles or +/- on my other self shifters. I may well go paddles. In M I've found the Tiptronic shifting up rather than holding gear even at 6500rpm. Buying an auto gives the impression PO drove it like Miss daisy.

22 minutes ago, sjm said:

996 auto’s take off from standstill in 2nd gear, a California smog rule apparently. Makes them feel like Miss Daisy, if you floor it they move off in 1st. 

It should start in 1st in manual mode  mine does . :) ,I  do not think my car has been in the auto mode since since ownership.