STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

Brendan Beavis made a pretty good track guide for Winton for anyone who hasn't been before. He's a pretty quick driver, doing a 1:41 at PI, a 1:28 at Winton, and a 1:02 at Wakefield in his ~200kw MX5.

I think the good thing about Winton is it's sort of obvious where you should show some restraint if you want to be cautious.

32 minutes ago, 911B said:

Guys

Oh just saw this, suppose it’s too late for me to come up? I don’t have to use the track just a cruise up sat and drive back Sunday? Might a good cruise for my s4 to get finally. 
George 

Never to late.

All welcome.  Track or no track.  It’s all the same.  Come for the drive.  Everyone.  

10 minutes ago, st3ve said:

There were some pretty expensive noises at the end of that first video.  Engine was still running... tyre?

Now I have to check if any engine issues but probably just tyres as car was a 991.2 GT3RS. If it was the second video of the red 991.1 GT3 (with original engine) it would have been a case of business as usual with it letting go.

1 hour ago, 911B said:

Guys

Oh just saw this, suppose it’s too late for me to come up? I don’t have to use the track just a cruise up sat and drive back Sunday? Might a good cruise for my s4 to get finally. 
George 

Track, skid pan, BBQ, egg, bacon, wine, fresh country air........filled with screaming flat six’s! 

Ahh the serenity. Should be well worth the trip! 

@LeeM will be signing autographs in the pits, in between offering face painting for the kiddies. 

Language warning for the kids, MA, +15. 

9 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Never to late.

All welcome.  Track or no track.  It’s all the same.  Come for the drive.  Everyone.  

Is accommodation through you guys possible or I need to find that?

28 minutes ago, 911B said:

Is accommodation through you guys possible or I need to find that?

Not part of the service unfortunately 😃

Glider City motel does deals if you mention that it’s through Winton or try AirBnB. 

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

$20 per autograph (will need fuel and accommodation cash), and can I use some Cheap as Chips spray cans? I'm hopeless with a brush

I’m thinking Event Patron here Hugh ....

10 minutes ago, James P said:

@hugh @Skidmarks Are passengers allowed in cars on track?

The answer is - probably. 

I asked the question and the answer was in the affirmative but we will probably assess in accordance with the skill set of the driver.

For instance, as I’m a mad bastard and only have two settings - flat out and in the garage - I would be disallowed.

More to come.  

Assuming there are still track spots available and anyone remains uncertain about tracking their beloved Porsche, just do it!  You'll have a ball and learn more about your Porsche in a day on track than in years of spirited driving on public roads. 

It's a non competitive day and you'll get lots of support from anyone at the track based on my experience of track days with PFA.

I can't wait, got a few track days in the coming months to get back into the spirit of things! 

Should be a great day! 

51 minutes ago, GT3LOUI said:

This thread has gone under my radar. Is there any track slots left? 

Although we had initially proposed a “cap” to keep to a low key and intimate affair, there will be plenty of room for a few extras. Be great to see you there!