STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

Hi all,

This is a continuation of the previous meandering thought bubble.

I’m thinking December just to be safe bur we may need a contingency for January 2021.

I’ll get some dates and was thing that 2 days might be a bit ambitious so looking at 1 day based at Winton.  I’ll try for a Saturday so that if people want to hang about and return Sunday, they can.

If its early January, it could be a week day as I’m thinking that we’ll all definitely be around.

I’ll make enquiries about track availability.  I’ll also include safety and recovery in what I ask for.

My plan is to take up the main straight pit complex and then have the hard stand/car parking area out the back for people to park up and display.

I’ll see about getting a coffee van organised as well as the cafe at Winton providing the breakfast of choice at a race track - bacon and egg rolls.   The cafe could also be open for lunch.

We can do the photography for the GT3’s during the day.  It’s not going to be a track day.  It’s going to be hang out day and for those who want to go for a skid, you can.  

Then it’s BBQ, beer and Cabernet as the track cools and the sun sets.

Plan?

I’m gonna polish me Boots I’m getting hard thinking of a large line up of velvet walled rubber , Slicks , Trofero, Cups and more that need a good tyre kicking 

U gonna turn up @Skidmarks if not I’m flying in and coming  round ur house and stealing one of your motors 😊

4 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Hi all,

This is a continuation of the previous meandering thought bubble.

I’m thinking December just to be safe bur we may need a contingency for January 2021.

I’ll get some dates and was thing that 2 days might be a bit ambitious so looking at 1 day based at Winton.  I’ll try for a Saturday so that if people want to hang about and return Sunday, they can.

If its early January, it could be a week day as I’m thinking that we’ll all definitely be around.

I’ll make enquiries about track availability.  I’ll also include safety and recovery in what I ask for.

My plan is to take up the main straight pit complex and then have the hard stand/car parking area out the back for people to park up and display.

I’ll see about getting a coffee van organised as well as the cafe at Winton providing the breakfast of choice at a race track - bacon and egg rolls.   The cafe could also be open for lunch.

We can do the photography for the GT3’s during the day.  It’s not going to be a track day.  It’s going to be hang out day and for those who want to go for a skid, you can.  

Then it’s BBQ, beer and Cabernet as the track cools and the sun sets.

Plan?

So short of eliminating Covid-19 or indeed coming up with a vaccine you have pretty much covered it off!

It would be a nice thought to think that we will be clear of this by December. Possibly need to have that contingency for early next year hopefully its not "GT3-  Cars, Cabernet & March Flies" 

5 minutes ago, MFX said:

I didn't actually know where Winton was. Looking it up, it is only 5hrs 20 from me, so I am keen. Sound like fun.

A lazy 9 hour trip for us Adelaidians....

There’s a reasonable contingent of GT3’s this side of the border....... any of you up for GT3 road tripping ??  Even common yellow ones welcome😁😂

Early next year more likely do-able for me.  

38 minutes ago, Rick V said:

A lazy 9 hour trip for us Adelaidians....

There’s a reasonable contingent of GT3’s this side of the border....... any of you up for GT3 road tripping ??  Even common yellow ones welcome😁😂

Early next year more likely do-able for me.  

Probably at least 24 hours for me, Bass Strait ferry is a bitch.....

I am definitely in and can’t wait to get the car out from under cover following this lockdown. Happy for as early as we can in Victoria, weekday or weekend. 
let me know if you need help organising. 

and yes speed yellow CS ready to roll. 

Looks like I’m not the only one that needs this! 

I’m getting some dates today.  I’ll see if I can put our name on a couple of dates and then confirm one as things become clearer although I’ll focus on the January date just to be sure.

There’s been a suggestion that we roll in on a Friday night, have some dinner and then head to the track on the Saturday morning.  That makes sense to me.

It would be great to have people come from interstate as well.  Symsy, yes, this one I will be at but don’t let that put you off!

Hopefully the support for just hanging out off the track will be as strong if not stronger than those hanging it out on the track.

I’ll update as soon as I hear more. 

Keen!!

I would make the trip down from Sydney for this... not sure what car I will have since I am currently 911-less for the first time in forever, (I may have its replacement), I also may roll down in the Macan Turbo and fill the boot with meat & booze... 

5 hours ago, edgy said:

Keen!!

I would make the trip down from Sydney for this... not sure what car I will have since I am currently 911-less for the first time in forever, (I may have its replacement), I also may roll down in the Macan Turbo and fill the boot with meat & booze... 

Not planning a trip via Tas? 

29 minutes ago, DJM said:

Haha I had the same thought.  All this might lead to a spike in GT3 prices 😂

No realistic sellers left though... good luck with it!!

You’ll need to find a desperate end of lease 991.1 owner... even better if you can find a 2014 more haggle room for the Scotsman ;) 

26 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I reckon I might be able to get at least 2 other Tassie's interested, that would add a 997 and 991....  Need one more so we can share a 4 berth cabin 🙂  Kerry's 6.2Rs could be the go......

Will the HMAS Returned Services League be sailing freely by then?? 

2 minutes ago, luzzo said:

ooooohhh... 

Now we're talkin'  :CoolDance:

or his race 6.2 GT3, nice for some to have a choice, but not sure how pleasant that would be for the 2-3 hour drive from the boat to Winton.  I drove it from Launceston down to Baskerville and needed earplugs.  Mind you he is thinking of selling it, could be a good sales move to show it off

42 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

or his race 6.2 GT3, nice for some to have a choice, but not sure how pleasant that would be for the 2-3 hour drive from the boat to Winton.  I drove it from Launceston down to Baskerville and needed earplugs.  Mind you he is thinking of selling it, could be a good sales move to show it off

Sounds like my perfect GT3.