STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

14 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

or his race 6.2 GT3, nice for some to have a choice, but not sure how pleasant that would be for the 2-3 hour drive from the boat to Winton.  I drove it from Launceston down to Baskerville and needed earplugs.  Mind you he is thinking of selling it, could be a good sales move to show it off

BOSE noise cancelling h/phones will transform the drive experience ..

Righto then.

We have a date.  I’ve pencilled in 9 January, 2021.  There are no Saturdays in December available.

I’ll have some more details on what’s required $ wise but will haggle.  I’ll do my calculations on getting around 20-25 people paid up and proud to use the track and related facilities and if people want to use the skid pan to unleash their inner bogan, perhaps a small contribution for that as well.

I’ve had contact from Hugh who has kindly offered to assist with getting this thing together but perhaps one more to help out would be good.

As we have the wine covered, we might look at a contribution to cover BBQ and beer for those that come and hang out.  If anyone knows a butcher with a P car that could do us a deal ... I’ll also see if I can’t wangle some beer from someone.

Also, if any of you want to organise to get some cars together for display or some show and shine or just group cars in a way that makes it look nice, don’t hesitate.  

This is everyone’s event and I’m keen to let people just do their thing.  Space is not an issue.  

Like I said,  it’s not a track day but rather, a day at a track.

I don’t need commitments now but don’t hold back if you’re able to.

Stay tuned.

7 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Righto then.

We have a date.  I’ve pencilled in 9 January, 2021.  There are no Saturdays in December available.

I’ll have some more details on what’s required $ wise but will haggle.  I’ll do my calculations on getting around 20-25 people paid up and proud to use the track and related facilities and if people want to use the skid pan to unleash their inner bogan, perhaps a small contribution for that as well.

I’ve had contact from Hugh who has kindly offered to assist with getting this thing together but perhaps one more to help out would be good.

As we have the wine covered, we might look at a contribution to cover BBQ and beer for those that come and hang out.  If anyone knows a butcher with a P car that could do us a deal ... I’ll also see if I can’t wangle some beer from someone.

Also, if any of you want to organise to get some cars together for display or some show and shine or just group cars in a way that makes it look nice, don’t hesitate.  

This is everyone’s event and I’m keen to let people just do their thing.  Space is not an issue.  

Stay tuned.

@dragon02 mate , if you're in (everything else  opening up borderwise of course), then if we can get Simon and Kerry at least we could do the 4 berth cabin on the boat, and have a Tassie contingent

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

I'd be happy to help out on this BBQ front mate, it's not like I take my BBQ too seriously... 

IMG_9757.thumb.JPG.c47166eb77db9beec7acacfa311e4a66.JPG

11 minutes ago, edgy said:

I'd be happy to help out on this BBQ front mate, it's not like I take my BBQ too seriously... 

IMG_9757.thumb.JPG.c47166eb77db9beec7acacfa311e4a66.JPG

Goodness me!

Do you drive that around the local beef cattle farms just to give the paddock residents an insight as to what comes next?

I’ll just check with the local CFA as to whether we need a fire tender on standby when you fire that sucker up.

9 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

A sports update.

I’ve been able to negotiate a deal that will allow us to take passengers in cars.

There will be some protocols around this Such as what you and your car will need - brakes is always a good start!

Should be fun!

Thats a great win!  👏

Just thinking about options for bringing car over etc.  With this event on 9/1 and then Luftwasser 2021 on 6-8/3, I'm thinking about possibility of leaving the car over in Melbourne during the intervening period.  Any Melbourne peeps have space for an extra car for a couple of months, or suggestions as to a place to leave the car? 

I could possibly leave out at Bacchus Marsh with my daughter, but I'm not sure of a secure place there, seeing as we haven't been able to visit to check out her new place.

On 15/09/2020 at 12:01, Skidmarks said:

Righto then.

Stay tuned.

Just to clarify. Is this event solely for GT cars or is it an all inclusive Porsche event? I am keen to bring my 'RSR :D' down.

50 minutes ago, MFX said:

Just to clarify. Is this event solely for GT cars or is it an all inclusive Porsche event? I am keen to bring my 'RSR :D' down.

It’s a broad and inclusive church Brother MFX.  All Porsche’s are welcome regardless of denomination or orientation. 

24 minutes ago, edgy said:

I am sure if you're 'RSR' identifies as a GT car, you are in good order... 

Be who you want to be