STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

2 hours ago, lazydave said:

Registered and paid up today.  Winton is a great fun technically challenging circuit.  Should be a great day out!  Hopefully the weather cooperates itself too. Catch you all there in the 991 GT3. 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

I just submitted a new application paying for the track day as well (first application I didn't put down for the track). 

We have also booked filled our Air BnB. Should be a great day.

Awesome gents. Shaping up to be a great crew! 

Great support.

Would be great to get loads of people and cars up even if not partaking in track jollies   

Thanks.

All being well, Rohan and I will rock up with something  a bit special we transacted on today ... 

Seems we’ll have a nice group of cars.

Those that said they’d bring their GT3’s ... they are still going to be featured so come.

Roll on 9 January!

Signed up and ready to welcome in a year that isn’t 2020!

Thanks heaps lads for organising this event! Can’t wait to get out of this 5/25kms/no historic plates restrictions and go for a fang! Also looking forward to a few glasses of red cordial and lusting over thy neighbour’s cars! 😊😉

On 29/10/2020 at 12:56, hugh said:

No coming for a drive on track? Winton is a great little track, not super high speed - few good 2nd & 3rd gear corners to enjoy in an early 911. 

Nah, I’ve just sold the ‘disposable’ track car, Winton’s got too many concrete walls close to the track for me. Last time I was there a certain orange IROC had some interface issues with one of them !

4 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

Nah, I’ve just sold the ‘disposable’ track car, Winton’s got too many concrete walls close to the track for me. Last time I was there a certain orange IROC had some interface issues with one of them !

I was an unwitting victim of circumstance... 😬😬

28 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

If its the same race I'm thinking of, it was utter carnage at the old start/finish line! 

I'm hoping there will be some on track video provided of the new heap please @Skidmarks. In fact, I think there should be a decent video done of the whole weekend if someone is able to provide.

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't tell me that, I've got to drive back to the boat afterwards.. .

Only the exits of turn 2 and the final turn you should use a bit of restraint Pete. Have a look at some races on Youtube to see what its like. I loved Winton when I raced bikes, and would love to do some laps in a Porsche there

https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/gopro-hot-lap-winton/

On 29/10/2020 at 21:32, Skidmarks said:

Great support.

Would be great to get loads of people and cars up even if not partaking in track jollies   

Thanks.

All being well, Rohan and I will rock up with something  a bit special we transacted on today ... 

Seems we’ll have a nice group of cars.

Those that said they’d bring their GT3’s ... they are still going to be featured so come.

Roll on 9 January!

Hi Skid's, Have talked to Hugh and put in to organise the Skid Pan, would like to see how my new Jet handles it !  Maybe do Wet in the Morning and Dry in the Arvo for those who want to smoke something !

18 hours ago, hugh said:

In the process of reconciling entry’s at the moment. Standby. 

Hey Hugh, can you guys email me the details for payment? 

I may have been a couple of cans in when I signed up, thinking I’d be sent an invoice... haven’t seen anything yet, and need to send $$ 

cheers 

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

Only the exits of turn 2 and the final turn you should use a bit of restraint Pete. Have a look at some races on Youtube to see what its like. I loved Winton when I raced bikes, and would love to do some laps in a Porsche there

Mmm, not much in the way of run off area with gravel traps to stop you before those walls...  But thanks for the vid Lee, I'll study that a few times

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mmm, not much in the way of run off area with gravel traps to stop you before those walls...  But thanks for the vid Lee, I'll study that a few times

Yeah, its a bit tight in places mate, but if you drive it accordingly knowing you have to drive home (aka don't be a dickhead trying to keep up with Sven or Rohan etc 😁) you'll be right. Turn 4 right hander can catch you out if you get in there too hot, same with turn 2, but you'll work it out easily enough.

Main straight is pretty quick, but theres plenty of run off. I crashed there on a bike flat biscuit in 5th gear in the pissing rain. Felt like I slid on my arse all the way to Benalla! 😁 It's my second favourite track for sure. 

17 hours ago, 9fan said:

Hi Skid's, Have talked to Hugh and put in to organise the Skid Pan, would like to see how my new Jet handles it !  Maybe do Wet in the Morning and Dry in the Arvo for those who want to smoke something !

Great plan.  Done.  

7 hours ago, 9fan said:

Skids - Coke 

Are you going to leave the number on and do the GTR in December ? There will be a few of us on the Tour.

What’s the GTR?

13 hours ago, edgy said:

Hey Hugh, can you guys email me the details for payment? 

I may have been a couple of cans in when I signed up, thinking I’d be sent an invoice... haven’t seen anything yet, and need to send $$ 

cheers 

Payment details are in the link.  Will be great to see you there. Shaping up as a great day. Payments are being reconciled and confirmations will be sent shortly. 

Those coming for a drive, park and a look, it would be helpful if you logged on and just indicate that you intend to come. Even if it turns out you can’t make it, an Indication would be helpful. 

22 hours ago, LeeM said:

See you on the 9th then ...!