THE MOST EXPENSIVE USED GT3 IN OZ FOR SALE

GT3LOUI

The most expensive used GT3 for sale in Australia at the moment is a series1.996.

How about that!!! 

Granted, it has 125kms on it. That is one hundred and twenty five people. It may have the lowest kms of any one of its type in the world!

Conversely, What a shame its never lived... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual/OAG-AD-18668204

20 minutes ago, GT3LOUI said:

125kms??? Driven home, then Trailored for service for the last 20 years?? 

I’d suspect it’s just been parked up. I believe it was a “spare” and obviously not needed. The owner does have plenty to choose from so I’d suspect most of his cars have few kms on them. 

Years ago when I was involved in equestrian circles Rusty's blonde haired  wife rocked up one day in a bright pink truck with all the bells and whistles that he had built for her. As he always had most of his toys painted black including the plane until it crashed everyone from that day referred to them as Barbie and Ken.

11 hours ago, GT3LOUI said:

The most expensive used GT3 for sale in Australia at the moment is a series1.996.

How about that!!! 

Granted, it has 125kms on it. That is one hundred and twenty five people. It may have the lowest kms of any one of its type in the world!

Conversely, What a shame its never lived... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual/OAG-AD-18668204

Great car.

Price expectation? Delusional.  

I too thought $390k was delusional. 

I also thought 2mill was unachievable for a gt2, but a 993 went for in excess of that a couple of years ago. 

Assuming it's the only one in the world with 125kms, and considering they are asking 390 during a global recession, in ten years, who knows what it could be worth? 1 million??? In that case, and also considering it is the first Porsche landmark car of the modern era with a lot of firsts and limited production numbers, and 1 mill is not out of the question in a decade or so. 

And as firstone said, it can't hurt the exposure and price of its better used brothers.

I'm also surprised to see its the only one for sale in Australia. Additionally, There are only 2 996. 1's for sale in the UK. Does that mean people are starting to see the potential and hold on to them? Time will tell... 

Funny thing perception. 

When i was 20 something a mate's father was selling a spec build he was living in while building another.

He was listing in the 400s and had little interest.

I knew nothing and joked, 'put the price up'.

He did by 100k or something and it sold in a week.

No good to me. I'd have to live in it. Which would be ok if it didn't have a bloody scaffold. 😂

6 minutes ago, firstone said:

No good to me. I'd have to live in it. Which would be ok if it didn't have a bloody scaffold. 😂

Mate, even without a scaffold, l still can't get into the back due to the fixed back seats.  Perhaps if I was young and thin.......

3 hours ago, GT3LOUI said:

I'm also surprised to see its the only one for sale in Australia. Additionally, There are only 2 996. 1's for sale in the UK. Does that mean people are starting to see the potential and hold on to them? Time will tell... 

I hope so, How good would it be to have a ball driving it for few years, and still make money at the end 🙂  I'm working on the thesis that when I get sick of changing gears, or arthritis sets in, I'll be able to swap it for a couple of year old 992 PDK (or whatever the next model is to be called)........

On 18/09/2020 at 16:49, firstone said:

Funny thing perception. 

When i was 20 something a mate's father was selling a spec build he was living in while building another.

He was listing in the 400s and had little interest.

I knew nothing and joked, 'put the price up'.

He did by 100k or something and it sold in a week.

Perhaps the Veblen Effect will move it in time ...

My old man and his brother used to sell apples out of the back of their utes, picked/bought from the same orchard in the hills of Perth. They parked both vehicles on the same street out front of their house (opposite sides) one had a for sale sign $2.00 a bucket and the other $2.50 a bucket ....guess which sold out first?

52 minutes ago, Harsh said:

My old man and his brother used to sell apples out of the back of their utes, picked/bought from the same orchard in the hills of Perth. They parked both vehicles on the same street out front of their house (opposite sides) one had a for sale sign $2.00 a bucket and the other $2.50 a bucket ....guess which sold out first?

This is the Giffin Effect